The Arrogance Of The Corrupt

ElQueso

Registered
I was reading an interesting article in La Nacion about the three escaped convicts and the two cops that got nailed for being recorded talking to people on the phone about what was going on with their flight.

Leonardo Juliàn, who is the commissioner (or commissar, or deputy, or whatever the correct English translation is for comisario) of the Admiral Brown District near Quilmes, was recorded talking to Melynk (el faraòn - remember he´s the guy who got picked up for helping out the escapees soon after they got out) about the case. Juliàn told Melnyk he had credit with Juliàn (at least) in the situation apparently, among other things. Melnyk tells the guy to be careful, the phones are tapped. Juliàn apparently swaggers and tells Melynk yeah the phones are tapped, so what, in fact why don't you come on over. Just tell me before you come.

http://www.lanacion.com.ar/1862012-hallan-pruebas-de-la-proteccion-policial-que-tuvieron-los-profugos

I mean for crying out loud, dude! WTF!

A second policewoman was apparently caught talking to a friend about what was going on. She was involved in communications and had access to the fugitives' whereabouts. It wasn't clear to me if she was passing information on to the friend who was helping the fugitives, or was simply gossiping or something to someone unrelated to the fugitives.

But what really gets me is the slimy cajones on Juliàn (pardon me ladies!). I mean, you could almost see the Al Pacino/Tony Montana's macho sneer on Juliàn's face, the guy sitting back in his chair and flipping his hand nonchalantly and inviting the Melnyk over, after having made the remark he made on the airways, as if he's got an M-16 sitting next to him and he's inviting Sosa's men through the door (Sosa being the character in Scarface whose men ended up doing Pacino's Montana in, for those who are lost in the reference - remember the end scene where Montana blasts away until he's all shot up?).

I'm not sure if the guy just couldn't help himself after having screwed up so mightily so he might as well go all-in, or if he really thought he could act with impunity. But Melnyk was picked up the next day on suspicion of having helped out the escapees. I guess that credit that Juliàn offered wasn't that solid after all.

This should be pretty interesting. A lot of cops were set aside in all this. According to Ritondo, some of them because of poor performance and others may be guilty of corruption or collusion in the escapee drama. I wonder where else it may lead? I imagine some of those who were involved might look for some kind of leniency and rat out others, in a chain. Who knows who is yanking the chain?

The escape of the three convicted killers might have brought to light the problems with corruption in the police and the BA province (at least) penitentiary system in a way that is much faster than normal politics would allow and will provide provide a lot of support from most sectors (though I doubt the FpV) to clean things up a bit.

And will something come out of Santa Fe next?

El Queso as usual such a complete and interesting discussion...!

However wonder the significance of Juliancito having Slimy cajones, Offensive for cleaning lady??

I really think that he thought he was untouchable, much like the K clan before and to an extent, now even.
This episode has indeed opened a Pandora's box, that many would have preferred to be closed forever.
It's a tangled web they wove, but this being Argentina, I remain sceptical about any prosecutions.
Think Nisman.

El Queso as usual such a complete and interesting discussion...!

However wonder the significance of Juliancito having Slimy cajones, Offensive for cleaning lady??

He probably has retards to lick it. You know since the cows can't. :rolleyes:

I do not think the corrupt are arrogant I think they are psychopathic and have no shame they do not care who they hurt or what others think about them. They mentally and perhaps consciously exist outside of civilized emotions and conduct.

Back