The Ashes: England In Australia

Page8383

Registered
Hey sports fans!

This Wednesday at 9pm (BA time) the first cricket test between Australia and England will kick off from the 'Gabba in Brisbane. (Full fixture available here: http://www.cricket.com.au/series/ashes-series-2014)

Speaking practically, there is no YouTube feed (that I know of) like there was during the English summer.
So, does anyone know of a bar around town that would show coverage of the series? 9pm is a great start time (The Perth and Adelaide tests should be midnight and 10:30pm start times respectively - Please correct me if I am wrong any South or Western Australians - whilst Melbourne and Sydney tests start at 9:30pm).

Any advice / suggestions or hot tips for viewing would be more than appreciated.

As for the cricket itself: It should be an absorbing series.
I am concerned about the form of Cook and Bell in Australian conditions and I think they could keep us in the field for days.
I am also worried about the inclusion of Mitchell Johnson (yes that's right, "oh no not you again") - A serial spray painter who will struggle to deal with the persistent torment from the Barmy Army. His selection is only due to the fact that the Australian pace battery seems to have the longest long-term injury list in world sport at the moment. "High performance coach" Pat Howard can't even seem to get the lads on the park at the moment.

I think the Australian batting overall will be stronger at home in comparison to the English series and I think Anderson and Swann, whilst still effective will lose a bit of there 'match winning edge' on the Australian pitches.

England are still the favourites IMO, but I am hoping for another epic series and, of course and Australian triumph (finally, please!).

Good luck to both teams and may the banter be witty and insightful.

I'm up for watching it should anyone come up with a venue. Seems unlikely to be fair though.

I'd be supporting The England, Wales and we'll steal the odd Irish player team though. Still...adds to the craic.

I watched quite a bit of the last ashes from Casabar, they were pretty laid back about allowing it to be streamed there on one of their screens. FYI live footage is sure to be streamed through wiziwig.tv, best site by a mile. Let the battle commence!

Definitely - Wiziwig is the best site by far.

Looking forward to a great series (and of course a win by the Aussies would be nice!) but Johnson has always worried me too. Bowling fast is one thing but there is also the small matter of keeping it on the pitch.

I think our batting lineup has the depth needed to win matches, let´s just hope they have their zinc ready for long days in the field.

Here´s hoping we see a repeat of the obituary!
In Affectionate Remembrance of ENGLISH CRICKET, which died at the Oval on 29th AUGUST 1882, Deeply lamented by a large circle of sorrowing friends and acquaintances R.I.P. N.B.—The body will be cremated and the ashes taken to Australia.

Johnson has an extraordinary record for breaking fingers and forcing batsmen out retired hurt. If he could break the bones of say Cook and Bell and put them out for the rest of the series at the Gabba it'll be more valuable than a Ryan Harris Michelle (even if he ends up with his usual 0/129 off 22). I don't share your confidence in the Australian batting lineup - Bailey seems a huge risk, but I'd like to see him do well.

I have a feeling this might be a defining series for Stuart Broad - he's begun stringing together quality performances and he'll relish his public enemy number 1 status. This might be when he goes from being a solid seamer who can occasionally and for no apparent reason run through a team to becoming a genuine world class bowler. If that happens Johnson will probably have to break the hands of England's entire top 6 or it will be curtains for Australia.

Hey sports fans!

This Wednesday at 9pm (BA time) the first cricket test between Australia and England will kick off from the 'Gabba in Brisbane. (Full fixture available here: http://www.cricket.c...hes-series-2014)

Speaking practically, there is no YouTube feed (that I know of) like there was during the English summer.
So, does anyone know of a bar around town that would show coverage of the series? 9pm is a great start time (The Perth and Adelaide tests should be midnight and 10:30pm start times respectively - Please correct me if I am wrong any South or Western Australians - whilst Melbourne and Sydney tests start at 9:30pm).

Any advice / suggestions or hot tips for viewing would be more than appreciated.

As for the cricket itself: It should be an absorbing series.
I am concerned about the form of Cook and Bell in Australian conditions and I think they could keep us in the field for days.
I am also worried about the inclusion of Mitchell Johnson (yes that's right, "oh no not you again") - A serial spray painter who will struggle to deal with the persistent torment from the Barmy Army. His selection is only due to the fact that the Australian pace battery seems to have the longest long-term injury list in world sport at the moment. "High performance coach" Pat Howard can't even seem to get the lads on the park at the moment.

I think the Australian batting overall will be stronger at home in comparison to the English series and I think Anderson and Swann, whilst still effective will lose a bit of there 'match winning edge' on the Australian pitches.

England are still the favourites IMO, but I am hoping for another epic series and, of course and Australian triumph (finally, please!).

Good luck to both teams and may the banter be witty and insightful.

Well, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vK5791FtJ2g

Riiiight.

Tremlett on, can anyone tell me what the point of Tremlett is? Tame, poor control. Aussies must love the sorry sight of him.

Riiiight.

Tremlett on, can anyone tell me what the point of Tremlett is? Tame, poor control. Aussies must love the sorry sight of him.

He caused us plenty of grief in 2009 - he tends to lift against the us like many of the English do. But he's coming off a long injury pay off and his form hasn't been sparkling - risky selection. Maybe they were thinking that the bouncy Aussie pitches will suit his massive frame. It's an idea.

I just can't believe broad keeps taking wickets!

Back