The Boca Attacker, 8 Months Later

ben

Registered
http://www.clarin.co...1513048838.html

Guy had stuck his arm, at a Boca-River game, in the 'tunnel' via which the River players were to emerge and pepper-sprayed them, sending some to hospital.

He's complaining about his life being ruined, he can't bear the torment of having to watch games on TV (having been banned from the stadium), states that many fans 'in his position' would have done what he did, and hopes he will be 'pardoned' and readmitted someday.

From his first interview, shortly after the incident:

"La verdad que lo que hice fue sin darme cuenta, para mí se viene el mundo encima. Pensé que no había cámaras, no creí que iba a llegar a tanto. Hace 25 años que voy a la cancha. Todos me conocen, saben cómo soy. Un laburante que se despierta a las 4 de la mañana, jamás estuve en una comisaría. Nunca imaginé que iba a llegar a esto, cuando me di cuenta me quería morir. Imaginate cómo está mi familia. Estoy desesperado".

Translation:

The truth is that I did without realizing, the world is crashing down on me. I thought there were no cameras, I never thought it would come to this. I'm going to the field for 25 years. Everyone knows me, knows how I am. A hard worker who gets up at 4 in the morning, I'd never been in a police station. Never did I imagine it would get to this, when I realized I wanted to die. Imagine how my family is. I'm desperate.

The poor thing. Nobody bats an eye at his justification: he didn't realize there were cameras.

Nowhere in the world is the line between aggressor and victim so willfully blurred as in this country.

Back