The Buenos Aires equivalent of Home Depot

sketchyblueeyes

Registered
Does anyone know a big, home depot style place in the city? I'm looking for really high wattage (>50 Watts) compact fluorescent light bulbs to convince my seedlings to grow without adequate sunlight.

Your best bet is a "casa de electricidad" - they carry all kinds of light bulbs.

Excellent thank you! I have tried out the casas de electricidad and they have nothing with high wattage and look at me like i am probably insane when I ask.

sketchyblueeyes said:
Does anyone know a big, home depot style place in the city? I'm looking for really high wattage (>50 Watts) compact fluorescent light bulbs to convince my seedlings to grow without adequate sunlight.
And what kind of seedlings might that be?

You won´t find easily those PLL in Argentina. The best you can find at 100.000 lamparas are pll 954 in 55 watts. You might find 6500k MP PLL in an electricity place in Murillo and Malabia. HQI is a better choise here, nobody wants them but a 70 wts is easy to find and cheap. Take a look at ML. 6500 k bulb aren´t available but you can find 942 Phillips which has an outstanding color quality but is a little yellow. Anyway, they have low far red, so they are fair enough for me. I bough some 6500 k 150 watts last time I was in NYC, but perhaps they are too strong for you.
Regards

haha i wish i were that cool. they are basil and chive. attempt 1) with just the daylight yielded 2 tiny basil sprouts that died immediately and one chive. just one chive. People near me have tons of herbs on their balconies, so i know i have enough daylight to grow them, but the seedlings are being difficult. and i dont' want to just buy the plants, i want to grow them from seeeds!

Back