The CIA tries to wish us all a Merry Christmas

orwellian

Registered
The Nigerian was, according to governments sources, in a terrorism database but not on a no-fly list.

Wait, it gets weirder:

A Michigan man who was aboard Northwest Airlines Flight 253 says he witnessed Umar Farouk Abdul Mutallab trying to board the plane in Amsterdam without a passport.

Kurt Haskell of Newport, Mich., who posted an earlier comment about his experience, talked exclusively with MLive.com and confirmed he was on the flight by sending a picture of his boarding pass. He and his wife, Lori, were returning from a safari in Uganda when they boarded the NWA flight on Friday.

Haskell said he and his wife were sitting on the ground near their boarding gate in Amsterdam, which is when they saw Mutallab approach the gate with an unidentified man.

While Mutallab was poorly dressed, his friend was dressed in an expensive suit, Haskell said. He says the suited man asked ticket agents whether Mutallab could board without a passport. “The guy said, 'He's from Sudan and we do this all the time.'”

Mutallab is Nigerian. Haskell believes the man may have been trying to garner sympathy for Mutallab's lack of documents by portraying him as a Sudanese refugee.

The ticket agent referred Mutallab and his companion to her manager down the hall, and Haskell didn't see Mutallab again until after he allegedly tried to detonate an explosive on the plane.

http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/index.ssf/2009/12/flight_253_passenger_says_at_l.html
 

orwellian

Registered
"The Netherlands will immediately begin using full body scanners for flights heading to the United States to prevent future terrorist attacks like the Christmas Day attempt by a young Nigerian."
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091230/ap_on_re_us/us_airliner_attack

So it only took them 5 days to implement full body scanners. Guess who what company is responsible for security for Delta Airlines at Schiphol? An Israeli company called ICTS with ties to the military industry.

Our civil liberties are being taken away and nobody cares? What's next? Stripping naked, bending over and coughing?
 

orwellian

Registered
The reason why no one hijacks plans anymore is because it doesn't work. No government will negotiate with them. And these body scans were implemented due to a false flag operation, that's the point of this thread. Also, they do not have these body scanners in Israel, at least not yet.
 

citygirl

Registered
Orwellian - why do you care? You've admitted you have never stepped foot in the US so if there are body scanners - what does it matter to you?

And again, whose civil liberties are you talking about when you say "our civil liberties are being taken away.." You're not a US citizen nor do you enter the US so what does it have to do with you? Just not sure why you're so up in arms about something that has zero impact on you.
 

orwellian

Registered
citygirl said:
Orwellian - why do you care? You've admitted you have never stepped foot in the US so if there are body scanners - what does it matter to you?

And again, whose civil liberties are you talking about when you say "our civil liberties are being taken away.." You're not a US citizen nor do you enter the US so what does it have to do with you? Just not sure why you're so up in arms about something that has zero impact on you.
The scanners have already been implemented in Holland and are coming to the U.K. That is why I care.

Also, my civil liberties have been taken away since 9/11. Even though the attacks were in the states it directly affected me. It is not true that it has zero impact on me.
 

citygirl

Registered
Full body scanners for flights heading to the US - which would have zero impact on you since you have never been there. So again - why do you care? And if the scanners are being used for flights within Europe and you object, I suggest you take that up with your own government. Doesn't have anything to do with the US.

Ditto on the civil liberty issue - AFAIK, if your country (and I don't know where you are from) has made laws that impact your civil liberties, wouldn't you be best served to address it with them?
 

orwellian

Registered
citygirl said:
Full body scanners for flights heading to the US - which would have zero impact on you since you have never been there. So again - why do you care? And if the scanners are being used for flights within Europe and you object, I suggest you take that up with your own government. Doesn't have anything to do with the US.
That is true. But remember the new liquid rule? That was only for the U.S at first, now it's everywhere. Body scanners are probably going to be implemented for all flights to and from the EU as well. That's why I care.

citygirl said:
Ditto on the civil liberty issue - AFAIK, if your country (and I don't know where you are from) has made laws that impact your civil liberties, wouldn't you be best served to address it with them?
Yes but the justification for taking away my civil liberties was 9/11. Just as the Underwear-bomber is the justification to implement body scanners.
Not sure what you mean by addressing this to my government. I am trying to address you guys, not my government.

And why not try to debate the issue instead of asking me why I care?
 
Top