The Cosmopolitans: Expats Abroad...pilot Tv Episode

sergio

Registered
cleardot.gif

Promising TV series about expats in Paris. You can see the first episode free if you have a VPN

http://www.amazon.com/Pilot-HD/dp/B00MR9WT7Y/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1409944965&sr=8-1&keywords=amazon+pilots+the+cosmopolitans

please all excuse my ignorance, but I want to get a VPN so i can view my netflix and other sources like the one above as if I was back in USA but dont know how to do it. I signed up for netflix when i was back in USA, but after about a year, it reverted to argentina based viewing although i am still being billed on my USA credit card. I have great computer support guys here in argentina, but i dont know what to ask them to do to set me up....I am preety computer savy, but dont know the terms to use to ask for help....

please all excuse my ignorance, but I want to get a VPN so i can view my netflix and other sources like the one above as if I was back in USA but dont know how to do it. I signed up for netflix when i was back in USA, but after about a year, it reverted to argentina based viewing although i am still being billed on my USA credit card. I have great computer support guys here in argentina, but i dont know what to ask them to do to set me up....I am preety computer savy, but dont know the terms to use to ask for help....

I have the same Netflix account/setup. I'll be honest, every time I have friends come to visit they say that "my" Netflix account is better than theirs regarding content options. I'm not sure what the details are on these differences, but maybe it's a blessing in disguise for you ;)

Regarding VPN, for you iPhone/iPad (not sure w/ Android as I don't use them), VPN Express is great. If you do a general search for VPN services on your computer, I'm pretty sure the top and/or best rated results will do just fine.

Good luck.

I use a browser add-on app (I use Firefox primarily, but I think it's available for just about all browsers) called mediahint - www.mediahint.com.

It costs $4 USD a month to use and doesn't have the (relatively) high overhead that a VPN does. I used to use a VPN but had issues with slowness and the only real reason I wanted it was to watch US content on NetFlix. Not sure if this app has an add-on/app for Android or iPhone/iPad - I only use it on my computer.

If you're also downloading content through bit torrents, though, I'd recommend a VPN...

Tunnelbear is user-friendly. Up to 1 Gig per month free. Otherwise USD50 year, with access to multiple countries, USA, UK, Japan, Canada and more. We use that feature in one click to try different Netflix markets (Doesn't matter where you're account is based...it will switch your selection to your current VPN country). Dead simple to install on all platforms (even if you're not technically inclined). Allowed one PC or Mac plus two mobile devices per account (I have installed on a Mac (free account) and paid account PC, Android, and iPad (which can be used without limit and simultaneously with other users if you wanted to share an account).

I used StrongVPN for five years...also very good. Not quite as user friendly, but stable and many servers to choose from if your connection is slow with a particular US VPN.

You will need a connection of at least 6 down to use without too much painful buffering. 12+ would be better. I have Evolution with 30 down but it tests at speed to US ranging from 10MB to 22MB when on VPN (usually toward the lower end of the scale).

Suerte.

http://youtu.be/G0iVtrhBSvM
"you can even see the seine from the view" - "water from the faucet" (an amazing feat but let's not inquire about other hygiene facilities)

I looked at Netflix in Argentina and found, at the time, that they didnt offer much.
I couldnt get a vpn to consistently give me access to Netflix USA so, following the advice I got on this forum, I installed a smart dns and have been able to watch Netflix USA without any problems at all.
This might help
https://www.cactusvpn.com/smart-dns/smart-dns-vs-vpn/

So I take it the youtube link doesn't work? Even with VPN?
Not that fantastic in my opinion...

Back