The Economist on Argentina's price control policy

Always use archive.is (also archive.md, archive.today, etc) for this:
Nice. I vaguely remember that Johnny also had a method for reading firewalled content.

The Economist doesn't have a good word for anyone in our neighbourhood this week: https://www.economist.com/the-ameri...nsidered-latin-americas-finland-is-in-trouble

I have a sub, so if there's anything specific needed, I can find it. I probably can't dump entire articles here though. If I remember correctly, you can register with them without providing financial information and see a certain number (6?) of articles for free each month. The Atlantic is similar (3 articles).

Thanks for the link, Camel.
As far as the article itself, well, no surprises there. It says exactly what you'd expect from The Economist. They quote Sturzenegger as though he had some room to talk. They laud Macri and make excuses for his failures while totally failing to mention that he put the country 43 billion in debt to the IMF, and then sold the dollars to his rich pals at an artificially reduced exchange rate so they could send it offshore. In short, they say all the things you'd expect from the mouthpiece of the City of London financial community. Rule Britannia, rah rah, etc, etc, ad infinitum, ad nauseam.

The economist says the same thing AF said years ago while CFK was president. Inflation stems from the central bank printing. He was right then. Now, he can't speak freely.

The economist says the same thing AF said years ago while CFK was president. Inflation stems from the central bank printing. He was right then. Now, he can't speak freely.

Well, yes, but this is an elementary truth of modern economics. Every professor of economics ever has said this, has taught this the first week of Econ 101.

The renewed inflation in the US is also the product of the Fed issuing massive amounts of dollars. But when they do it, it's called "Quantitative Easing", which makes it sound more cool. Almost every nation in the world is doing this right now. Argentina is just unique in having done this 24/7/365 for the last 50 years.

Well, yes, but this is an elementary truth of modern economics. Every professor of economics ever has said this, has taught this the first week of Econ 101.

The renewed inflation in the US is also the product of the Fed issuing massive amounts of dollars. But when they do it, it's called "Quantitative Easing", which makes it sound more cool. Almost every nation in the world is doing this right now. Argentina is just unique in having done this 24/7/365 for the last 50 years.
I saw in a meme once that Bernanke liked to call it "quantitative pleasing" while speaking with the fairer sex.

Regardless, the Fed finally killing the dollar after 108 years (or a couple more) will really enrage the testaferos.

Back