The Eternal Debt...commentary by Jorge Lanata

gracielle

Registered
May 11, 2018....
https://www.clarin.com/opinion/deuda-eterna_0_rJ20L97Az.html

Google Translate....
Excerpt....The Government has returned to the IMFund respecting what, we believe, became an Argentine tradition: producing for two and spending for four. Argentina returns to the spiral that, sooner or later, will end in a default. Once again we demand that the lenders, ok, lend us, but do not bother us. Deep down, it seems bad that they want to earn money; it seems bad to us that the other wants to earn money. We imagine that they lends us for a kind of universal brotherhood that obliges them. Lend me, but do not bother me. And less still press me. I'll see how I pay you. I do you the honor of taking your money. We behave as moral creditors of the world. We want, in the next few weeks, to change a custom that began in 1822. And the government, to top it off, acts as if it could do it alone. The only way out to contain spending is by consensus: a round table in which those who have more, lose more and those who have less, lose less. No matter the amount they lend, we do not depend on the IMFund: we depend on our own stupidity, our apathy, our lightness. We've been building chains for two hundred years.

Back