The Lockdown?

Pensador

Registered
When is BA going to start opening up again your heading into a long time it seems. How long has it been anyway?

Over here in URU everything but the night clubs is open. The government is after snuffing out nostalgia night parties. Apparently you get caught having one of those you are going to jail. Otherwise, a lot of freedom and life seems to be going on for the most part.

A bar in Maldonado got busted last weeked for being open, the owner got 6 months of probation and must report to the police once a week.

That's a reasonable punishment for a first time offender! The owner is lucky not to do hard time.

we're right at 5 months now. crazy to think about being home basically every day during that long a period.

I have kept myself locked in any way and yes a long time. But to many goofballs even here and I can work from home so only essential outings. But I can cross the street for walks on the beach. You would think it was summer here the Argentinians with means have invaded the place. Not an issue but it is obvious they are escaping here.

I think folks here are just fed up. Lots of people moving around during the good weather of the recent days. I don't blame them. Alberto can stay inside all he wants but he's not the boss of my life.

You have to balance risk. Obviously parties are stupid and irresponsible, but a beach walk is just sanity! I worry this entire generation is going to have PTSD...I cannot imagine being a little kid under covid lockdown.

It’s not good news for children at all and has wider consequences than these few months. This was raised in another thread and some tried to diminish the impact of the lockdown on developing minds. It is a major problem removing young children from social groups.... Zoom doesn’t cut it.

Back