The official currency

Marche exile

Registered
Hi there.
I have just been looking at Museum websites and in particularly courses. I was just wondering if the fees are in US dollars or ARS's. Would government facilities be priced in US dollars?
Thanks for your thoughts in advance.

No, the prices are all in Argentine pesos (ARS), though the symbol '$' is also used.

They definitely would not be in US Dollars, especially now.

Yes I did think that was likely to be the case but thought I would ask. Makes the courses really affordable, Hurrah!
Thanks you.

If something is in dollars, it will say U$D/USD next to it

The reason that so many things here are priced in U$D is that the dollar is much more stable than the Peso AR. For example, you find an apartment for 400,000 pesos(U$D 91954).the dollar is 4.35 pesos per dollar. By the time the contract is closed and the dollar is 5.00 you will pay 80,000 U$D, but the seller will still pay 4.50 el kilo for carrots and 45 pesos el kilo for beef. It is their guarentee against the change in the value of the currancy of Argentina

Alaxander B when a price is quoted in $000 it is in pesos, when Quoted in U$D it is in dollars United States.....Misinformation can cost a lot of people a lot of money!

Back