The pandemic: The view after 5 months

My aunt in California has had it 2 times and both times it almost killed her. It did kill her husband they had it together the first time. So it is happening to some people I know that for a fact. The second after it killed her husband while she was still grieving so sad I cannot imagine such trauma.

Department Maldonado - Punta Del Este is back to 0 cases and URU has been back in single digits for daily new cases again. But that can change fast with this it thing. Not time to let the guard down yet by any means.

The weird thing for me is Pandemic dreams only a few so far but totally wacked dreams. The last one I went to a Kiosko and all these infected people were coughing all over the place without a mask. In the dream I was like oh @^#&. But apperently such dreams are common.

27 August 2020
Infectologist Fernando Polack was diagnosed with coronavirus for the second time
He is the Argentine physician who leads a study on convalescent plasma and who also tests in Argentina on the vaccine that Pfizer and BioNTech manufacture
It was actually his second positive diagnosis because he had already been infected a few months ago. Infobae confirmed the information about his reinfection with Polack himself who recalled: "In the second half of April I went to sleep with a slight discomfort in the throat that transformed in the morning into fever, a little cough and some discomfort. When sarS CoV2 almost didn't circulate in Buenos Aires and quarantine was just beginning, I ended up spending 14 days at home with a mild case of coronavirus that disappeared as it came."

PCR test confirmed that I had slightly reinfected as is entirely expected in all humans who contract viral respiratory diseases. Luckily the second episode is over." He added: "In general, the viral seasons last two or three months and by the time our nose defenses ran out the viruses have migrated to the northern hemisphere. So we have an episode every year or every couple of years. But since the coronavirus has stayed for a good time in Buenos Aires, reinfections are produced. And it's my turn, too."

This week Polack had stated to Infobae – based on his long history as an expert in respiratory diseases – that it was logical for coronavirus patients to re-infect. Now after confirming that he had been re-infected he expanded the explanation: "All respiratory viral infections work the same. They protect the lung very well and for good weather, and bad and for short time the nose. This explains why we catch a cold again and again in the winters and allow us to exchange that discomfort for defenses that in each new episode are refined by the body to be better. Immunity is similar to sculpture, it takes a lot of work to be very good. Reinfections are the rule in these respiratory diseases and are not special. They are usually mild and maintain immune memory so that the body can say 'I know this virus' the next time it appears."

Back