The Pill

cthornton-smith

Registered
Hi ladies,

Does anyone know if or where you can buy the contraceptive pill? I extended my flights from December until May of next year so I need 5 months worth of the pill now! I have a boyfriend out here so it's a little bit urgent!

I would really, really appreciate it!!

Thanks chicas,
Charlotte

Don't worry it's practically free! Not really but you don't even need a prescription and several brands cost in the 20-50 peso range per month! You just go directly to the pharmacy and ask for it!

But you need to know which one to get. What brand did you have before? Try your best to find the equivalent here. I mean, the same exactly formula, amounts and release schedule of the different hormones.

You will most likely get a more concrete answer from one of the women living in Buenos Aires (I don't), but I can give you a brand name to look for.

I have always gotten a prescription for mine so that I can claim it on my health insurence. In my small town we have seven pharmacies and they all keep one box of my brand and order the rest for the next day. Seeing as you can buy antibiotics without a prescription I guess that you could find the pill as well. Try any smaller pharmacy, ie not pharmacity.

I take a brand called "Damsel". I don't accually know what hormones it carries or the proportions.

Good luck.

Take the birth control pill box you have to the pharmacist and ask for something similar. If you not, you can Google the name of the main drug ingredient used and see what the equivalent in Argentina is.

Try this website:

http://www.preciosderemedios.com.ar/

I get Yasmin from Farmacity- just ask at the counter and they give it to you.

OP needs to make sure that (if what she's already on is working for her) she gets the equivalent. They are all different with different amounts of hormones being increased or decreased at different times of the month.

Thanks ladies. I take Femodene (I from the UK so I'm not sure if it's a world wide brand or not) but I will take on board your suggestions and hop to it!!! So glad that it is easier than anticipated. Was a little worried for a bit!

Besos!

Charlotte

A little Googling should show what is the dosage ... most brands don't exist everywhere but you'll probably find the same formula just under a different name ;)

I get Yasmin from Farmacity- just ask at the counter and they give it to you.

Do you feel safe?

https://au.lifestyle.yahoo.com/marie-claire/news-and-views/world-reads/a/16839237/yasmin-pill-side-effects/

I used to take Yasmin, but after I suspended it I got hospitalized with terrible vertigos and spent three months in bed with dizziness every other day. It was a nightmare.
This was in 2007.

Thanks ladies. I take Femodene (I from the UK so I'm not sure if it's a world wide brand or not) but I will take on board your suggestions and hop to it!!! So glad that it is easier than anticipated. Was a little worried for a bit!

Besos!

Charlotte

Charlotte, Gynovin (Femodine) is made by Bayer and you can get it in Argentina, but it's a little pricey if you but it without a prescription: $101.43 pesos.

http://www.preciosderemedios.com.ar/resultado_busq.php?pattern=GYNOVIN&item=product
gynovin etinilestradiol + gestodeno Blst. Grag. x 21 bayer (bsp) $ 101.43

Back