"The Political Plot and The Economic Lobby Behind the Vaccine"

gracielle

Registered
Replay of Editorial by moderator, Laura Di Marco. Shown live this Thursday at 10:00pm on the prime time TV show in La Nacion+ channel....in Castellano.
The topic of the editorial is in reference to the announcement made today:
13 August 2020
The Argentine businessman that will produce the coronavirus vaccine confirmed that it will be ready in December
Hugo Sigman reported that a maBxience plant located in Escobar has already started production of the dose. "No government played any role, this was a negotiation between private parties," he clarified.

Hugo Sigman is the owner of Grupo Insud, to which the mAbxience laboratory belongs , a member of the international consortium that will manufacture the coronavirus vaccine developed by the University of Oxford in Argentina. In an interview with journalist Marcelo Longobardi on Radio Mitre, he confirmed that a plant of his company has already started producing the dose, said that it could be ready to be applied in December....In addition, he was optimistic about another advance that his companies are also working on: treatment with hyperimune equine serum....
Here is the full report....
Google Translate

Last edited:
Printed Version of Editorial by Laura Di Marco
14 August 2020
The political plot and the economic lobby behind the vaccine
....we are going to get into the political plot and the economic lobby behind the great announcement - very hopeful for everyone, by the way - that President Alberto Fernández made yesterday that Argentina is going to produce the vaccine against Covid- 19.....A vaccine that, he said, will be accessible during the first half of 2021 and is the result of an agreement between the British laboratory Astrazeneca, the University of Oxford and Hugo Sigman's Insud Group....

Laura Di Marco is an Argentine writer and journalist.
1. The first female political columnist to publish regularly in the newspaper La Nación.
2. Co-host of "Pensandolo Bien" broadcast by Radio Mitre, in which she has worked with journalist Jorge Fernández Díaz since 2015. 3.
3. Since 2018 she has been the host of "La Trama del Poder", a journalistic cycle that explores the intimacy of the characters of Argentine politics.
4. In 2020 she began conducting "Los Cuadernos de Laura" on Radio Mitre.

I'll take note of the name and see what she produces. In general, I see journalism here is absolutely pathetic, yellow, gossipy, provincial, self-celebratory crap that wouldn't pass an editor or style guide of a serious European outlet. I generally put Channel 26 on the TV with the volume down, and I catch up on any serious news on batimes.

I'll take note of the name and see what she produces. In general, I see journalism here is absolutely pathetic, yellow, gossipy, provincial, self-celebratory crap that wouldn't pass an editor or style guide of a serious European outlet. I generally put Channel 26 on the TV with the volume down, and I catch up on any serious news on batimes.
Take a look at La Nacion and Clarin - first class reporting. If you understand Spanish, of course.

Take a look at La Nacion and Clarin - first class reporting. If you understand Spanish, of course.
My dig at Argentinian journalism was primarily directed at those two ad-infested gossip sheets. And my Spanish is excellent, thank you.

So you condemn all Argentine journalists for the sins of two gossip sheets. Real deep insight.....

Last edited:
So you condemn all Argentine journalists for the sins of two gossip sheets. Deep insight!
Well, two first class gossip sheets according to you. I’ll get back to you on this, it won’t be difficult to find examples of reporting as it’s done here and how it should be done, but it’s the weekend now.

Back