The Problem Is Not That The Argentines Are Jerks.......

camberiu

Registered
The problem is that we Brazilians are incredibly, incredibly stupid.

1) The Argentine delegation arrives 1 HOUR late to the scheduled meeting in Brasilia. No apologies or explanations given.
2) They make absolutely no concessions about illegally blocking the Brazilian imports into Argentina (a blatant violation of the Mercosur treaty) .

And yet....

They come out of the meeting with a US$1.5 billion zero interest loan from the Brazilian government.

Can I really blame them for taking advantage of a foreign government that is this stupid and irresponsible with their tax payer's money? No, I cannot.

Em plena crise, Brasil empresta US$ 1,5 bilhão de dólares via BNDES para Argentina fazer obras

cacb52530a607bf65cc5195c3747c99b.jpg

The problem is that we Brazilians are incredibly, incredibly stupid.

1) The Argentine delegation arrives 1 HOUR late to the scheduled meeting in Brasilia. No apologies or explanations given.
2) They make absolutely no concessions about illegally blocking the Brazilian imports into Argentina (a blatant violation of the Mercosur treaty) .

And yet....

They come out of the meeting with a US$1.5 billion zero interest loan from the Brazilian government.

Can I really blame them for taking advantage of a foreign government that is this stupid and irresponsible with their tax payer's money? No, I cannot.

Em plena crise, Brasil empresta US$ 1,5 bilhão de dólares via BNDES para Argentina fazer obras

cacb52530a607bf65cc5195c3747c99b.jpg

Well she's a Charmer :cool:

I wouldn't really consider them stupid. What would you do if you lived next door to an insane, unstable neighbor who is likely to set their own house on fire, scorching yours in the process.

1.5 billion is not that much to pay to placate el vecino loco.

I wouldn't really consider them stupid. What would you do if you lived next door to an insane, unstable neighbor who is likely to set their own house on fire, scorching yours in the process.

1.5 billion is not that much to pay to placate el vecino loco.

Their exp<b></b>ressions appear to reflect your statement perfectly.

This idiot woman was also late for every important meeting at the G20 and some G8s or whatever G she attended in order to cry and bitch.

The Brazilians are no jerks either.Far from tt.They like China and even the "Great Satan" itself Wall Street are getting their investment planning ready banking on the change of Argentina's gov't in 2016. Forward Planning and Forward Brazil ! "O Brasil Para Frente !".

The Brazilians are no jerks either.Far from tt.They like China and even the "Great Satan" itself Wall Street are getting their investment planning ready banking on the change of Argentina's gov't in 2016. Forward Planning and Forward Brazil ! "O Brasil Para Frente !".

There is a somewhat substantial difference between getting investment ready because of an anticipated change of government, and handing that money over to the old government that still has 5 long months to pocket oops splurge no, invest it. dontchathink?

ben.The Brazilians are big risk takers.They have been making these types of investments in L.A. for years.They almost got burned in Venezuela and in Ecuador Lula had to call Correa to account for late payments on a dam Project.In Cuba they have been doing well for some time and that is not easy.I remember when Lula was in Vietnam his marketing line was helping"little David throw a Stone at Goliath (The Great Satan)".It worked beautifully in what was known then as the 3rd World..The loan that their Developemnt Bank lent Areolineas Argentines for some Brazilian jets a few years ago was like lending a drunk money to keep on boozing.However,I guess that they figure they'll get it back long term.When Exxon-Mobil (clients of mine for 22 years) went out of the downstream petroleum business in Argentina (gas stations,lubricants etc.).The Brazilians commented that the U.S. didn't known how to run that type of business in S.America.There they could have been right. Argentina,no matter what situation or condition it finds itself,is their neighbor and should always be their best customer..Brazil knows that,is convinced of it and will continue to persue that objective.

Back