The real beauty

Pensador

Registered
In my case the interesting about Argentina and its people is that when first came here I was just taken in and accepted. My friendhips here are true and deep and based on nothing but common ground. I am competing with no one nor have I ever been since I have been here. Then I met my wife and became part of family and in my experience I did become a son in law or brother in law. I became true family in the midst in the midst of huge family. Really no matter what comes I have no worries I know the support of my Argentine family and friends are always there. I have hit lows only to find myself surrounded by friends and family asking what can we do? But I live in Province not BA and these are by far the most sincere and real friends and family I have ever had.

What about your life back in the US? Did you have much family support there or has your experience in Argentina been something basically new? I was surprised when I first went to Argentina to see how important family is. My own family is very small and what there is of it is disunited or dysfunctional. I never had many relatives around me when I was growing up. Even where there is divorce in Argentina, it seems that there is more contact between children and parents than in the US. I know that family life in Argentina is deteriorating for a number of reasons that are affecting the world but family still seems to play a more important role than it does in the US and probably other developed nations.

Kind of hard for me to compare here with the UK as my wife's family is only her and her mother so I'm kind of envious of you Pensador. She does have other relatives living in Santa Fe and Cordoba whom I've met several times and they've always accepted and shown genuine affection towards me the few times we've met.
I don't have a massive family in the UK but even though it's much bigger than here it took years before my wife met them all due to them being spread about all over the place. My wife insists us British are 'cold' compared to Argentines. :eek:....I suspect she may be right.

As for friends....I've found 'real' friendship to be no different here than it is back in the UK.

Good questions to busy to reply I will soon. Yes the family here is over 300 people on the my wifes side that makes a completely different family game.

Back