The Uk And The Eu

estebandepraga

Registered
For once I can write about something not related with Argentina and not get many angry!(Although this may anger some of our UK friends, which is not my intention!)
I am curious about your thoughts about the UK having a speciall "relationship", aka like a cafeteria Catholic, picking and choosing what's only beneficial for them; this I'll take, that no!
In my eyes, if a country wants the benefits of the EU, then it means following Brussel's laws and the rules of the EU, agreeing 100% or not!. Who is the UK to be the exception? I heard a debate this am on BBC and the anti-EU labour party member said so many silly and wrong things such as the UK due to EU trades with 27 EU countries not the entire 58! There are not 58 in Europe! and the ones out of the EU , are they such great trading partners, i.e. Belarus, Albania, Bosnia-Herzogovina or Moldova?
I have an Irish EU passport and live in the Czech Republic, a huge EU skeptic country as most Czechs feel disfranchized from it, yet they know they must stay in, as a small country, and in order to enjoy the benefits they have reaped from it.
Your thoughts are most welcome. For me , if the UK wants out, the door is open but remember that when it closes, you don't have the key anymore! Rather like Puerto Rico and the USA.
Thanks,
Esteban

It would be crazy to leave.
We'd be like Norway, having to comply with EU regulation but with no say in it.

Also it's about time the EU fixes their taxes so companies like Google can't earn billions but pay a couple of million in taxes.

Back