The winds of change

rrptownley

Registered
The population wont wake up to the governments problems soon, but there does seem to have been a large shift in media and social media attitudes to Kirchnerism in the last few weeks.
As the economy hurtles towards derailment and the government´s money dwindles, let us assume that CFK loses popularity as peoples lives become intolerable in the next months.

The question is, who fills the gap?

At the moment the only viable contenders to defeat/succeed CFK are those who meekly and publicly support her. All those openly against her government have been so villainised as to have been politically damaged.

Scioli- Seems to me to be the biggest contender. Having kowtowed to CFK while operating a different politik in the province he could find the support to rally a non-kirchnerite party.

Binner- Where has he gone?

Macri- Kirchnerite smearing has damaged an already dodgy countenance. He´s efficient but too right wing for Argentina´s good. With his bitch-fight with CFK he is damaging the city alot.

A regurgitated throwback like Duhalde, Menem or Alfonsín. I have no idea how these guys still have political careers but they seem to thrive.

Prat-gay (unfortunate name) seems pretty switched on. Anyone know anymore about him or his potential?

Looking at the list it just all seems very hopeless, without any real opposition we will be stuck in an autocracy for the long future. What am I missing?

Cristina herself, Maximo Kirchner or one of her puppets who are likely to be named Scioli or Boudou

There is no one, unaffiliated with CFK, in the WHOLE country who can step up?

rrptownley said:
There is no one, unaffiliated with CFK, in the WHOLE country who can step up?

Not at the moment and she will probally move the elections of oktober 2013 forward to march or april 2013 to become more powerfull and gunning for re-re-reelection

rrptownley,

We have a one-party system here. Surely you know that. Thanks to Peron and Cristina adopting his ideals, anyone against CFK is just a traitor.

nicoenarg said:
rrptownley,

We have a one-party system here. Surely you know that. Thanks to Peron and Cristina adopting his ideals, anyone against CFK is just a traitor.

Last time I checked there was also FPV, PJ, UCR, PRO, disidentes PJ, ARI and some more non important parties, but Cristina thrives with division, that way she only needs to win the votes of about 30% of the population

El chabon said:
Last time I checked there was also FPV, PJ, UCR, PRO, disidentes PJ, ARI and some more non important parties

By one party I mean one ideology and no dissent. But of course you can quote more party names to make this thread interesting :)

FPV,dissidentes and PJ are one party in your book but then there are still plenty of oposition parties left

There doesn't appear to be anyone stepping up, the news channels certainly aren't giving anyone extended coverage.

Binner is apparently having a "locro" in BA on the 25th of May.

Back