Therapist Recommendations

I'm a therapist, although I'm away from Argentina at present. I can point you in the right direction of an English speaking therapist, although I have to make the reservation that I don't know them personally and therefore can not comment on their practice.
I met Dr de la Rosa Alabaster on the internet, he seems pretty sound and said to have experience working with expats. He's got a website: http://www.consultapsi.com He speaks Spanish, but is very fluent in English and French.

Another place to try is Aigle. The director is very well-known internationally and I will feel comfortable recommending him. I've just found his details on the internet:
Fernandez-Alvarez, Hector, Ph.D
Virrey Olaguer y Feliu 2679
Buenos Aires, C1426EBE
Office phone: 541147845613
Office fax: 541147843563
Email address: [email protected]

If you are looking for information, you can try the BABCP (British Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Psychoterapy) www.babcp.com
I'm also putting together some information specific to expatriation, you can read more at www.helpabroad.net

I will be happy to have a discussion with you by e-mail if you have any questions you think I could help you with. My e-mail is: [email protected]

Mabel

I am a native English-speaking psychotherapist based in Buenos Aires. I trained as a clinical psychologist in Melbourne, Australia and recently established a private practice here with a focus on providing psychotherapy for English-speaking expatriates. As expatriates are vulnerable to a number of changes in their mental and physical health, the types of problems that might arise or resurface include, but are not limited to:

• depression
• anxiety
• issues re existing relationships, or lack thereof
• anger and frustration
• addictive behaviour
• loss of identity and direction in life
• body image and eating issues

Please feel free to contact me with any queries you might have and I will be very pleased to discuss ways in which I might be able to help.

My contact details are:

Dr Eliza Sims Addison
Talcahuano 1294 – P.B. ‘B’ y ‘C’
C1014ADB Buenos Aires
[email protected]
Cell: 15 6047 7346

Kind regards,
Eliza

I read an out of print book called "Bad Times in Buenos Aires" (it's about 12 years old and very worth the read. You might be able to find a copy at your local library). The book indicates that seeing a therapist is a status symbol and would indicated that the person seeing a therapist has money. I am just wondering if this is still the case. I wonder why so many people go to shrinks in Buenos Aires. It's such a happy place!

is there any reason why you guys are bumping a 4 year old thread????

Hi! I am a fully bilingual and bicultural psychologist living in Buenos Aires.

I am a licensed psychologist from the University of Buenos Aires (UBA) and also have a degree in Comparative Literature from Brown University.

I have offices located near Abasto and Vicente Lopez.

Please feel free to contact me at:
[email protected]

or to find out more about me, the type of psychology I practice, and the services I offer visit my webpage:

http://psychologistbuenosaires.com/

Back