There´s a New Kid in Town

El Condor

Registered
Hey Everyone!

I thought I would just say hi...

I am a 31 year old English guy who has just arrived in BA from London three weeks ago. Back home, I am a lawyer and I am here to do a six month internship in an Argentine law firm. I am doing some intensive Spanish classes at the moment but I start real "work" again in two weeks...so getting up at 10.30 is gonna be a thing of the past.

This is my second time in the city and I am still loving it: the cafes, the tango, the people, the nightlife and the comida. But missing home and my network of friends and not finding it so easy to get together a new gang of friends here. I guess from some of the other posts on here that I am not the only one; that´s good to know! Would be keen to meet up with some fellow expats to grab a drink, some food or a movie.

Well, that´s about it! Just to say this is a great site and thanks to all the posters. The advice on here has been invaluable to a New Kid in town like me.

Best

Nick

Hey Nick! My husband Joe and I are new to BA as well...we are meeting a few others (expats we've never met) at the Alamo bar in Recoleta tonight if you would like to join!

Hey Katie

That sound´s great!

I am not sure if I am mixed up on dates but I think from another post that you are planning on having this little get together tonight!

I am free from about 8.30 and would love to come along to meet you guys. Are you still planning something for tonight?

Best

Nick

Back