"There are few profitable investments left in Argentina...." - New York Times

It just boggles the mind what the government is doing here. Lift restrictions on businesses from harsh labor laws and prejudiced courts and heavy taxes and bureaucratic burden, open markets, kill corruption and Argentina has a powerhouse of investment capital.

Things have gotten so bad that many Argentinos don't even want to, or can't, invest in property in their own country. All that money that is being kept in the country by the harsh currency restrictions is just sitting there, unable to be used, doing nothing to advance the economy.

What a shame.

ElQueso said:
It just boggles the mind what the government is doing here. Lift restrictions on businesses from harsh labor laws and prejudiced courts and heavy taxes and bureaucratic burden, open markets, kill corruption and Argentina has a powerhouse of investment capital.

Things have gotten so bad that many Argentinos don't even want to, or can't, invest in property in their own country. All that money that is being kept in the country by the harsh currency restrictions is just sitting there, unable to be used, doing nothing to advance the economy.

What a shame.

Exactly! Even the Argentineans that want to invest in real estate in Argentina can't easily do it now. It's a shame. I just hope all these Argentinos that are buying in the USA aren't buying under their own names because CFK will most likely come after them.

I feel sorry for the Argentine people still believing in US economy...I left US precisely because is nose diving economically and even a small condo purchase involved going through a nonsense of papers, taxes and regulations...let alone the fact that the majority arent even concrete made! I travelled around..I found that Ecuador was the best place to invest in concrete forever lasting brick made properties. The southamerican region is growing fast, Ecuador is doing really good so I was lucky to do so...Ecuador currency is US$, its properties are priced also in US$ and way lower for high end units compared to many other places, taxes are incredibly low, no inflation, no countless paperwork required and investment support my legal permanent status. It is a win-win thing. Oh, that is without mentioning the weather!! so good by the ocean...I love it.

Please open your eyes...It is THE NEW YORK TIMES, twisting info again...they try everything to boost the economy as US keeps borrowing from China to meet the Fiscal budget. Their own wealthy people is leaving, emptying the banks. They even had to create an "exit tax" or HIRE Tax (google up) to make it legal to keep 30% of outgoing funds as use for future tax payments. The wealthy leaves and many even renounce citizenship to avoid the Gov to go after them overseas...very sorry for the Argentine investing there.

International living are promoting Medellin,panama and ecuador as good to invest in.Usa is
being touted in uk as a buy to let market especially where they are doing the "fracking".UK
itself has a lot of "student pads" blt giving some guarantees on your investment.Suppose it
all depends where yer dosh is?there are still loads of new apartments being built and up for sale,don't know who's buying them.

argentines knows very well that real state is a good busisness in a cointry in economical crisis like the us nowadays. Not big deal.

Bajo_cero2 said:
argentines knows very well that real state is a good busisness in a cointry in economical crisis like the us nowadays.

I would invest in US only if there was hope that the economy was going to get better in the medium/long term...but that is far from reality. US media has always been paid to follow political and corporate interests. They are making it look good for the elections...you will see.

Back