This kid Loan who disappeared in Corrientes

Redpossum

Registered
This is turning into a real circus.

It's been an ugly, sordid tale from the very beginning, but now they're having big street protests across the province. It is strange how such a small issue can capture the imagination of the public and become such a...what's the word I want? Obviously the media plays a big role in escalating the issue, by giving the story so much screen time, but there's something more than that. Something uniquely Argentina about all this.

Think it’s a lot to do with how everything is in the public eye, everything gets leaked. Don’t know why the family members accept to be interviewed constantly they’d be getting a big fuck off from me if god forbid I found myself in a similar situation.

It encompasses everything Argentine: a child robbed of his future, incompetent/corrupt police and politicians at the local, provincial, and federal levels, xenophobia towards Paraguayans, dysfunctional families, neighbors with feuds, the broad feeling of helplessness, personal responsibility being rejected/viveza criolla, a history of murder and disappearance, wealth having a direct correlation with justice, the list goes on...

Best case scenario they find his body at this point in my humble opinion because I doubt he's alive.

It encompasses everything Argentine: a child robbed of his future, incompetent/corrupt police and politicians at the local, provincial, and federal levels, xenophobia towards Paraguayans, dysfunctional families, neighbors with feuds, the broad feeling of helplessness, personal responsibility being rejected/viveza criolla, a history of murder and disappearance, wealth having a direct correlation with justice, the list goes on...

Best case scenario they find his body at this point in my humble opinion because I doubt he's alive.

That's a good summary alright.

And in missing persons cases, the classic axiom is that you have 72 hours; if not found in that time, they almost never turn up alive.

That's a good summary alright.

And in missing persons cases, the classic axiom is that you have 72 hours; if not found in that time, they almost never turn up alive.
I hope we're wrong, but as soon as I saw it wasn't a 1 day story I just assumed he had been murdered for the reason you mentioned. I hope they find the body so the people that love him (whoever they are, because it's clear some of his family members don't) can have whatever form of closure there exists for when a little boy is killed.

This whole thing just keeps getting crazier and crazier. Now it has somehow led to accusations of sexual abuse by the father of governor Valdés.

One quote in the report made me shake my head, "Dicen que la justicia no existe en Corrientes, que es manipulado por la politica".
NO! I am shocked, truly shocked, that something like that could happen in Argentina!

Around the world missing children cases with this amount of drama tend to captivate audiences and drive media revenue, sadly. The Madeleine McCann case comes to mind immediately, I just read a new story on that awful event the other day. I think people feel a greater deal of anger when children are mistreated, and as this case gets stranger by the second it's going to gain air time. Though so many children go missing, not all the cases have this much info being spilled or speculated upon. It's such a tragic happening, that's all I can glean. And I hope anyone who hurt this child sees justice. So many criminals never do, so many lives ruined on account of it all.

Back