Thoughts on Córdoba????

Mira Vos!

Registered
Seems like a cool city. Have thought about spending most of my time in BA but maybe a month in Córdoba. Seems like a city with nice outdoor activities, a big university population and 20-30% cheaper than BA (but that important)

DYOR = Do Your Own Research >>> Mira Vos,

There is only so much you can get from another person's opinion on what interests you.

Perhaps there is some food you like the taste of. Yet another person hates the taste, but you like it.

My point is this:

What Ceviche does't like, you might love!?!?!?

The very best thing you can do is some research. Make it as objective as you can. Take opinion of others out of it. Make a judgement on the facts, not the opinions of others. In other words, remove all outside factors and disturbances from your thought and decision making process. Build your own consensus. After all, it is you who has to walk in your shoes.

You seem like a nice person, so be confident in yourself. Trust yourself.

:)

I understand. Córdoba also doesn’t have as much information about it online as a city like Buenos Aires does. It’s also not somewhere I can fly to visit before actually arriving in Argentina, and to some extent many things online are going to be personal opinions. I have a friend who lives in the city so I know a decent amount of “facts” about the city

:)

I understand. Córdoba also doesn’t have as much information about it online as a city like Buenos Aires does. It’s also not somewhere I can fly to visit before actually arriving in Argentina, and to some extent many things online are going to be personal opinions. I have a friend who lives in the city so I know a decent amount of “facts” about the city
There's a Cordoba expat Facebook group. A lot of good info there. What strikes me as attractive about that area is a lot of very nice towns in mountains surrounding Cordoba.

If you can't ask a group of expats living in Argentina what the experience of living in Cordoba is like as an expat, who can you ask? Do you own research is a pretty flippant thing to say, considering the amount of questions asked and the very nature of the forum. I think the admins have highlighted in recent days that first and foremost this place is a source of information and "chat" community second. Although Ceviche did offer his opinion so it's fair enough and has been consistent in the past on his dislike for Cordoba. It wouldn't be bad to start by doing a search on this very forum, Cordoba has been discussed before although it seems those who have said they live there are dormant members. Perhaps do a search and DM those members to see if you can get them to respond.

Cordoba's nickname is "La Docta": The Learned, because of its strong university. The whole province has always been an anti-peronism bastion. Two strikes in Cordoba's favor.

Salta and Jujuy are picturesque small towns but provincial in mindset, and culturally limited. Not even good restaurants, beyond a few offering regional specialties.

Last edited:
If you can't ask a group of expats living in Argentina what the experience of living in Cordoba is like as an expat, who can you ask? Do you own research is a pretty flippant thing to say, considering the amount of questions asked and the very nature of the forum. I think the admins have highlighted in recent days that first and foremost this place is a source of information and "chat" community second. Although Ceviche did offer his opinion so it's fair enough and has been consistent in the past on his dislike for Cordoba. It wouldn't be bad to start by doing a search on this very forum, Cordoba has been discussed before although it seems those who have said they live there are dormant members. Perhaps do a search and DM those members to see if you can get them to respond.
I disagree to an extent Semi ... here is why:

MV began his thread wanting the thoughts (OPINIONS) of others about Córdoba. He immediately hooked Ceviche who posted that he was clearly not fond of the city. Which invited a WHY? reply from MV. (This you already know if you review the beginning of the thread.) Then Ceviche encouraged MV to consider Salta and Jujuy as well as do his own research. QUITE CONFUSING if you ask me!

A person could ask: What time do bars close in a certain place? Or, how much does a loaf of bread cost at the typical market?

The replies to these kinds of questions should mirror facts!

When a person asks for another's thoughts, they are going to receive the other person's opinion. And if the interviewer, does not agree ... it is not going to end up well. And as we saw, he was offered to form his own opinion after doing his own research.

I find this all to be a potentially endless circle of sorts.

Unless MV & Ceviche knew each other well, they would be at a loss to know if one didn't like something, then the other might use it as a point of reference for their own preferences in life. (Heck this is getting quite confusing - we made need a flow chart in a moment or so!)

My point is simply this:

When one person strays from facts, things can go off the tracks fast. Like they did.

And really, there is only so much one can learn from asking opinion. There is no replacement for doing your own research and paying attention to your own likes / dis likes.

Back