Thoughts On Lan Argentina To/from Dallas?

mmoon

Registered
Hi all,
I've flown LAN a bunch within South America, but I just found a well-priced flight to/from the US during the holidays if I go the long-haul from EZE to DFW on LAN Argentina. It won't be a long trip, and I am really hoping not to deal with big delays, strikes, etc. I've never flown them for transcontinental flights. Does anyone have helpful advice on long-distance LAN Argentina flight experiences?
Thanks!

I doubt you'll be on a LAN plane -- it's probably a codeshare with AA. What are the flight details (time of departure). The AA plane doing the routes have been replaced with new planes, unfortunately while the media system is great the seats were extremely uncomfortable for me.

My LAN intl have been code shares with AA. No problems at all.

I doubt you'll be on a LAN plane -- it's probably a codeshare with AA. What are the flight details (time of departure). The AA plane doing the routes have been replaced with new planes, unfortunately while the media system is great the seats were extremely uncomfortable for me.

I came back, flying through Dallas, a couple of weeks ago on an AA flight with a new plane, that had just been delivered and made ready in August. 80% of the seats, the in-flight entertainment didn't work...

LAN usually has an extremely pleasent and helpful crew compared to any of the American or Argentina airlines. It makes a difference for me.

I flew LAN to/from NY like 14 years ago and it was excellent, the best flight in my life up to that moment. The flight was empty, only like 20% sold, because of the 2001 crisis. Then, a couple of years later I flew Alitalia and it was, till today, my best experience.

the best LAN flight to USA are the ones which fly directly/ nonstop from Santiago.

So if you are flying BA-SCL - USA..it will be pretty OK. I very recently ( 10 days ago) flew it and I was more than happy!

On my return flight - I flew on TAM via Sao Paolo..it was even better!

Hi all,
I've flown LAN a bunch within South America, but I just found a well-priced flight to/from the US during the holidays if I go the long-haul from EZE to DFW on LAN Argentina. It won't be a long trip, and I am really hoping not to deal with big delays, strikes, etc. I've never flown them for transcontinental flights. Does anyone have helpful advice on long-distance LAN Argentina flight experiences?
Thanks!

The flight to/from DFW is operated by American Airlines, using the new Boeing 787 Dreamliner, and the crew are all AA employees. LANArgentina is only a codeshare partner with AA.

Sorry to read from other posts that the seats and in-flight entertainment are not any better than other, older AA aircraft, but I'm not really surprised. AA/UA/DL, the three US majors, seem to be bent on making economy class travel a hell in the sky experience for their passengers.

AA/UA/DL, the three US majors, seem to be bent on making economy class travel a hell in the sky experience for their passengers.

Everyone should do themselves a favor. Avoid these three airlines as much as you can even if they are selling cheaper!

Thanks for the feedback...on the website (Cheapoair), it was listed as "Operated by LAN Argentina," so I am assuming that means a LAN plane. I'm happy to be corrected, and even happier to read that the experiences have generally been positive. Can't be worse than the American companies.

Back