Tickets to Polo and Soccer (futbol)

livingabroad

Registered
Hi!
Where can I buy tickets to professional Polo and soccer games in BA? Bocca Jrs has a "tourist" package but this is not what I want.

Thanks!

Well, you can just go ahead and go to Boca Stadium like 1 hour or 2 before the match, and you'll be able to purchase them right there in the stadium. It shouldn't cost more than 30 pesos for the so called "Popular" (You're standing up the whole game), and maybe around 60 pesos for the "Platea" (You get your own sit).

For tickets to professional Polo, look for the thread created called "Tortugas Polo" or something like that. Pro Polo is in Pilar right now, but the regular season starts Mid-November.

Well, hope that helps.

Mariano.

Or you could go to any stadium other than Boca (sorry, i'm a river fan...) ...
Tickets for Sunday games are usually sold on a Saturday too...

Actually - you can't just walk up to Boca at all. They introduced a membership system (basically, a season ticket type arrangement), and electronic access to the ground. Every game is a sell out (with the exception of the tourist tickets), and you have to be a member to enable you to purchase a ticket - Mind you, the way they are playing so far this season, there may be a few vacancies :)

thebookcellar said:
Or you could go to any stadium other than Boca (sorry, i'm a river fan...) ...
Tickets for Sunday games are usually sold on a Saturday too...

I will hopefully be going to a River game soon. So walking up to stadium is the the main way to obtain tickets? Are there any ticket outlets closer to the center that I could avail of? Cheers.

soma said:
I will hopefully be going to a River game soon. So walking up to stadium is the the main way to obtain tickets? Are there any ticket outlets closer to the center that I could avail of? Cheers.
If you go to a River game, make sure to bring binoculars. In addition to being about a kilometer from the field, Buonanotte (5'2" TOPS) and Villalba (maybe 5'3") are both playing up front and if the opponent's goal is at the other end of the field, you might not be able to discern these players from toilet paper thrown onto the field.

Just a head's up.

Back