Tigre Delta

jtwells

Registered
One of my sisters-in-law has a boat stored in Tigre. It´s a medium sized ski boat. A few Saturdays ago we took a 1.5 hour boat ride to her house/cabin on one of the islands in the delta. I felt like we were lost in a maze of rivers running through 100s of small islands. I´ve never been to the Mississippi River delta, but imagine it´s somewhat similar. If your not lucky enough to know someone with a boat, there is a colectivo barge that runs all through the place. One thing that was interesting was seeing schools on the various islands. I wonder what it would be like to get dropped off at school on a boat everyday? I wonder if some of the more fun loving kids ever talk their parents in to letting them ski to school? BTW the island where we went is in Entre Rios. I thought it was cool traveling to another province in a boat.
After that I went to see some of my brother-in-law´s friends who are in a reggae band. This was at some club near Peru Beach. We drank fernet and danced until early morning. There were lots of Rasta types smoking in the club. Iit´s interesting how people can smoke everywhere without being bothered : ) Just walk down 9th of July any day and you will surely notice what I´m talking about.

Back