Time to eat crow

on the brink

Registered
Must say, I never thought the virus thing would bring about such chaos.

Some members of the forum had been forecasting it, but as they had often cried wolf before, I discounted their warnings. Alas, this time the wolf is real.....!

My humble apologies to all of them - you were right, and I was wrong. Hope it will not come to food riots and civil war, but it is bad enough as it is.

Last edited:
Much worse than I anticipated but not remotely close to the zombie apocalypse as of yet. I am much more concerned about the economic aspects of the crises than the health ones. The 2008 crisis was not allowed to play out to its final conclusion and instead the Fed, the IMF, the EU and the US government kicked the can down the road, creating a massive economic bubble. The corona virus was just the pin that pricked that bubble. Companies and consumers worldwide are way over leveraged and any hiccup in terms cash flow can creative a massive domino effect of defaults and bring the whole house of cards build after 2008 crashing down. We might be looking at "The Great Depression II: The Reckoning" scenario.
But it ain't over until the fat lady sings.

we-are-fucked_o_249682.jpg

Well, it will be interesting to see what comes next.

As the Chinese curse goes: "May you live in interesting times"

You should be concerned about the health aspect. It is not a fable.

I am not in the risk group and most of the world's population isn't either. But yes, for those who are, this is no joke.

You should be concerned about the health aspect. It is not a fable.
The economic displacement is far more widespread than the mortality. Almost the entire world has been significantly, negatively affected by this situation. The loss of lives, in comparison has been and will be fewer. Most businesses in Argentina hang by a thread already. Insolvencies will likely be numerous, making it difficult for families to eat.

All consumers must ask themselves whether the money we have saved by purchasing cheaper Chinese goods has been worth the current costs of the heightened entanglement with China. The world economy is loosely projected to suffer $5 trillion in damage from recent events. Have we saved enough by purchasing from China to justify that cost?

I am not in the risk group and most of the world's population isn't either. But yes, for those who are, this is no joke.

Back