Time to move apartments in November

Ronnie Hotdogs

Registered
How do you see the market what type of discount should I be trying to get on the list price paying in USD?
I know you’ll all say I’m mental to pay in USD but there’s not much on the market that’s in pesos for the type of place we want.
3 bedroom with 24hr security, pool etc in nice area.

Anything which is TOP BRAND in BA is priced in USD.

Blokes here will argue and say "NEVER pay in USD". Fact is that TOP end here is in USD. Reason being that top end is owned by English speaking people traveling abroad and they know well, that Argentino Peso (ARS) is a useless currency to do any kind of business in.. As simple as that.

Yes I’d be doing the same if I was in their position. Anyway I earn in dollars so it doesn’t really make much difference to me. However I also don’t want to be overpaying because I am also giving the owner the security of a guaranteed dollar income. I’m thinking of asking for 20% off.

Yes I’d be doing the same if I was in their position. Anyway I earn in dollars so it doesn’t really make much difference to me. However I also don’t want to be overpaying because I am also giving the owner the security of a guaranteed dollar income. I’m thinking of asking for 20% off.
If you pay a year up front you may qualify for a bigger discount..??

Yes I was also thinking that. I have no guarantia so will have to pay a few months up front anyway no doubt.

Yes I was also thinking that. I have no guarantia so will have to pay a few months up front anyway no doubt.
You can buy guarantee these days ( unlike when I arrived in Arg and there were no options)..you can buy it...even if you have no local earnings or local bank accounts.. It works out to be approximately 3 months rent...for them to issue it.

So why wouldn’t I just pay them 3 months rent?
Depends. Some of these owners who own high end properties are damn suspicious ( they are World traveler types) and will ask for a guarantee.

On other hand, the best way to by pass the issue of garantía is talk to owner directly.. MANY REAL ESTATE AGENTS - will BLOCK you off from meeting the owner directly as they fear losing their commission or you getting away with lowering the rent.. which will make them lose money.

OK yes I’m trying to deal directly with owners because I really resent estate agents in general. Especially these days when you are basically doing all the work yourself by looking on zonaprop. Money for old rope.
I’ve been in Argentina for 6 years so know how most of it works.

I’m just more trying to understand how I should be negotiating the price.

Back