Tin Foil, Saran Wrap, or Ziploc

mphillips_81

Registered
I'm having a hell of a time finding any of these items at Disco. Anyone have any suggestions of where I might find one of these, close to Alto Palermo?

Thanks!

Every supermarket has them, but they keep them in a strange place.I my Coto it is next to the cleaning equipment .
You are looking for papel aluminio and the name for Saran wrap escapes me at the moment .However they do appear in the same place so if you find one you find the other . Alternatively you could look in the Chinese supermarkets .They carry it and usually keep it with the household goods like Tupperware boxes .
Hope this helps .

I live in the Alto Palermo area and I've been to all the stores in the area and I have a hard time finding Ziplocs. I actually got a big bag sent from home so that was a nice. The foil is really thin but at Carrafour it's right by the front door next to the cooking items.

Aluminum foil here is usually very thin. I've seen thicker (and far more expensive) at Walmart, but I've never found it packaged in a box with a serrated metal edge.

The same goes for clear plastic wrap.

Fortunately, Ziploc bags here are almost the same as in the USA and other countries.

Since I moved to the province I hardly use any of these products (and still have what I brought with me 18 months ago).

Here I have and take the time to cook with fresh ingredients every day.

Decaying leftovers have less appeal than ever. :eek:

ziploc bags are available here but not the same as the US, the quality sucks. I bring Glad Wrap and Reynolds wrap from the US, not exciting but it is a reality.

Eventually you will forget about any hygiene concerns and just stick everything in a plastic bag that you will pull from the collection of zillions from the chino/Coto/Disco that you have stuffed in a kitchen cabinet or drawer. Foil and all of that here is very expensive and just not worth it. Better to use what is already on hand, and free.

ive heard saran wrap being called "film" but think that could just be it's nickname, nevertheless it might aid you in the search

We buy ziploc bags from farmacity and they only have one size.

Carrefour has a complete range of sizes but thats probably not much use as their megastores are in the provinces.

Plastic wrap here is called film, and it's not very good quality. Its very hard to handle and sticky to the touch, and you have to cut it with a scissor as it comes loose in a roll and no cutting edge. I go to the papeleras and buy those rolls of plastic bags like the verdulerías have and I wrap everything in that. It's cheap and easy to do.

Back