Tipping culture in Argentina

on the brink

Registered
Our building may be cursed with a non-expense payer but is blessed in its portero. Agustin is a young man with a happy disposition and boundless energy. Always ready to lend a hand, knows everything but does not gossip - a rare pearl.

Our building is blessed in its portero. Agustin is a young man with a happy disposition and boundless energy. Always ready to lend a hand, knows everything b- a rare pearl.

But he would be the govt. agent when any of the residents are in 14 day quarantine

Our building may be cursed with a non-expense payer but is blessed in its portero. Agustin is a young man with a happy disposition and boundless energy. Always ready to lend a hand, knows everything but does not gossip - a rare pearl.
Sounds to me you’ve fallen for it.if you talk to him for any length, everything you’ve ever told him is known by strangers in your building.

I am joking, he may be a great guy.

I want the best for Argentina but when you earn in USD a trip to Western Union is currently like Christmas morning as a 6 year old.

Blessed be the Virgin of Lujan..!,

Remember a bottle of wine here and there , also mornings when you go out bring back a couple of media lunas . Christmas and New Years Eve , Pan Dulce and a bottle of Cider or a basket of goodies for the family. . Cut him in on all deals, repairs, cleaning ladies, ordering foods, etc. He may want to wash your car each week $$$.

Remember real estate agents give Porteros up hefty sums for leads on vacating apts or possible tenants that come around asking for rentals units available...!

When I bought the apartment friends told me the main thing was to get along with the portero. They recommended a monthly tip, which has been working fine. It helps that I really like him, and enjoy talking to him.

Actually I tip all my porteros heavily. In fact whenever I have traveled to US, I have got them perfumes, whisky bottles, iPod etc as gifts..I am probably their favourite in the whole building. But even then I dislike each of them and the admin which controls them. They are just too nosy and have got too many powers to make your life hell thanks to CONVID 19

Actually I tip all my porteros heavily. In fact whenever I have traveled to US, I have got them perfumes, whisky bottles, iPod etc as gifts..I am probably their favourite in the whole building. But even then I dislike each of them and the admin which controls them. They are just too nosy and have got too many powers to make your life hell thanks to CONVID 19
I tip EVERYONE who crosses my path heavily! I am a big believer in the power of sharing / tipping.

And because I do that. I have people running around to help me in whatever they think I need or want.

Giving people money, being generous to others, is a formula for magic to happen. And it builds a lot of good will.

I tip EVERYONE who crosses my path heavily! I am a big believer in the power of sharing / tipping.
Too much of an American practice. Like Is see Americans tipping CABA taxi drivers as if thesewere those NY taxi drivers ( from pre UBER era).

Back