Tips For Broken Iphone 5S

Vermonter

Registered
Hi folks,

I have an iPhone 5s which, after charging it one night, shut off immediately when I turned the alarm off in the morning. I turned it on, and it turned on for about 5 seconds, before shutting off again. The battery said 100% but every time I turn it on it stays on for between 2 and 30 seconds before shutting off again.

I'm thinking of checking to see if it's a battery issue but I don't want to replace the battery if that's not the cause. If anyone knows of a place where I can get it checked out please let me know. Or if you have any ideas of what the cause is I would appreciate your feedback.

Cheers

Many places have been recommended. Just do an iPhone repair search in the search function of the forum.

Great, thanks! Checked out the previous recommendations.

Cheers

I had the exact same problem(symptom) with my Samsung phone s3, I bought a new battery, and it has still the same problem, I threw it in the trash can.

A guy at work had a similar problem with his 5s. It kept dying and finally decided to go to phone heaven. He called Apple and they told him that there was a known issue with the 5s. His is still under warranty - only he has to find someone who's going back to the States to go exchange it at Apple. If it's still under warranty I would suggest you try to get a new one from Apple if you or someone you know is headed back.

Yes, Ben. I do not want to download music through some crazy port, give me usb on everything. The OS on Samsung phone is better, it is compatible with everything/everybody.
Apple computer almost died by having their own OS and keeping their system closed, then Jobs came back and saved the company. Now Jobs is dead, Apple is in trouble(I used to be an Apple employee in Cupertino, CA). Outside US, Iphone is perceived to be a nice phone, but in US many do not care. Samsung S5 has more customers http://bgr.com/2014/...5s-sales-q2/��

and read the comments following the above link, many people think Iphone is a crappy phone. But do not feel bad if you have an iphone, it still looks good in Argentina.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
jantango Expat Life 1
A Expat Life 7
F Expat Life 12
F Expat Life 9
jantango Expat Life 11
Back