To Some Marriage Is A Word; To Others A Sentence.

rrptownley

Registered
A word, definitely a word ;)

So I did it. I asked my Girlfriend of 5 years to marry me. She said yes and now we are in full planning mode for an end of November wedding.
Yippee!
But yes, there are some trails to overcome and where else do I come for help but faithful Baexpats.org.
I have studied and garnered all the valuable information from these threads: 1, 2, 3, 4.
What I still need to know (please) is:

Goldsmiths recommendations for the rings.
Wedding dress recommendations.
Event spaces outside Capital within 1 hour drive.
Florists.
Catering.

Our budget is, low. :angry:
If you have any recommendations to share I would be really grateful. We are open to (nearly) anything!

Congratulations!!!!!

We ended up eloping, but I think picnic weddings are fun, classy and economical!

Whatever or however you two decide to have the ceremony/reception ... just make sure it's what you two want and not what everyone else wants you to do.

How many people? (for the venue) and when are you planning to get married?
Friday and Sunday weddings tend to be cheaper - at least as far as the venue. Also more availability.
Try to avoid high season. :)

Congratulations! :)

I have a friend that organizes wedding events as a freelancer. She will plan the best party in accordance to the budget you have. PM me so I will send you her contact details.

do it on the coast!!!!!!!!!!!! right on the beach! i have the best venue to recommend , they provide catering, dj, decorations, they set up a beautiful ceremony right on the beach. I was the chillest bride around, 0 stress!

Congratulations! I think my wife and I spent about $3000US on our wedding here. That included the 2 dresses that I picked out for her, the bouquet that I made for her from flowers I bought on the street that I cut and bound with a long, silk ribbon, the photographer, the cake (that I did not bake), and dinner for 20 at a local restaurant.

That was in 2008. Peso was 3:1. I think you might be able to do it for less now.

Good luck!

GS

That made me think. How much cheaper is a wedding in Argentina anyway?

MUCH cheaper. So much cheaper that my father still comments almost 4 years later on how awesome it is that we got married in Argentina instead of Texas. (It goes without saying that there are weddings of all types. I'm saying comparing between 2 similar style weddings - one in the States and one in Argentina - it can be done here for much less.) Still, you have to shop around.

Some things are not cheaper, though. The dress, for example. Most brides here get theirs custom-made, and the prices are unbelievable.

Ok, back to the OP. First of all, Congrats!!

Goldsmith: I really don't remember the name of the exact shop we bought our rings at, but you can just head to Libertad between Corrientes and Sarmiento. Prices are all about the same.

Wedding dress: custom-made is crazy expensive given the prices of quality, imported material here. I bought mine in the States. Your other option is Once, although they do a lot more quinceañera business from what I've seen. I've heard of people ordering dresses online, as well. Order larger just in case and then have it altered here. (I have a recommendation for an alterations lady if you want.)

Florist: I highly recommend Rosanna Plantas y Flores. At Beruti 3101 or Santa Fe 3112. They did my bouquets for what I felt was a very reasonable price and I was very happy with them.

Can't help with venues or caterers, unfortunately.

Back