to stay or keep traveling?

socalcouple

Registered
We have been on the road, taking Spanish and traveling south america since October from So Cal. We've been in Argentina since mid December[recently returned from Malvinas] and just rented an apt in B.A. for a month. So the question is... do we plug in here [ ideas for tech or teaching jobs] or will that kill our enjoyment of this country? We'd welcome feedback from others living/working here or others that feel we should just enjoy the next month and continue our adventures elsewhere. We have limited funds so working will allow us to keep traveling indefinately, as our rental properties are currently paying their own bills with tenants :)
Also, we like to meet other expats here.

Tough call really, especially if you are hoping to become financially dependant on teaching here - here are a lot of others trying to do the same - Not saying you can't, just that the competition is immense, and the pay rates pretty poor by US standards.

As to enjoying the place, then BsAs is well worth hanging around for a few months. It's not Patagonia, or Mendoza, but it has a great buzz about it, and is diverse and large that you won't get tired of things to do.

the ex-pats here are a friendly sort (in the main!) and I am sure that if you stay, and check out the events forum, you will find ways of meeting others - be it for a drink, dinner, sporting event, or Hashing!

Enjoy BsAs...

where in SoCal yall from?Fellow SoCal native here by way of Bangkok and NYC and Bangkok again!

Dont count on getting work, so if that is your main reason for staying I wouldnt, but if you enjoy the place, stay until you get bored/sick of it, and maybe with some luck you can pick up some work..

Welcome here! I lived in socal for 20 years. Do you have digital pics from the Falkland/Malvinas that I could copy?
I am writing a book about them.
Thanks Henry 4687-1604

BKK to BA said:
where in SoCal yall from?Fellow SoCal native here by way of Bangkok and NYC and Bangkok again!
from Westlake Village , circa Thousand Oaks. We would like to meet others living here. We love the energy and yes, we spent lots of time in Patagonia and do miss the hiking, but love city energy too. Bangkok is another area we want to see but not sure we have enough funding to yet. And yes, we have lots of pictures from Malvinas to share with Henry.

HenryNisental said:
Welcome here! I lived in socal for 20 years. Do you have digital pics from the Falkland/Malvinas that I could copy?
I am writing a book about them.
Thanks Henry 4687-1604
not sure I answered you or another link, but yes we have lots of photos and willing to share. Maybe we can meet up with you sometime here too. We'll be in touch either way.

I can compare parking tickets, U-turn tickets, and expired registration towing stories from SoCal like a native (several years there will do that). I'll keep an eye on this thread in case there's a meet up.

Thanks for all the quick response. In addition to the teaching does anyone have insight on the technology market? I have worked for some of the big companies back in the US, is consulting a feasible option?
Thanks!

Im from Vegas but moved here from West LA, Palms area where the 405-10 cross. Hey have you done the Torre del Paines circuit yet? If you have time I recommend you do it (and the whole thing, not just the "W"). Its amazing.

Sorry no job advice.

Back