Topping up Personal

Jteee

Registered
Hi, sadly my phone was stolen at Lollapalooza yesterday night. My WiFi is really unreliable and I really need to be able to use data to work in the morning if my internet isn't working. I've managed to get a phone here and a sim card but I do not know how to add money to it. Is there an easy way to top up a personal sim card with cash or with a foreign credit card?

You can add funds to your prepaid line on the Personal website.

There is a form to enter your phone number. 11 - Buenos Aires city code. Leave 15 in place, then enter your 8 digit number.

I don't know whether they accept foreign cards.

Thank you, that seemed to work and it accepted my foreign card. Though the data limits are super low with Personal, I guess I will try to get a Claro SIM later this week. Sadly my stolen phone is already in Cordoba, seems whoever stole it at Lollapalooza last night left in a hurry this morning

You can top up in cash at most kiosks. If you have a bank account here you can also use the “recarga” option of your online banking application. I believe it was also possible from Mercadopago but I can’t check that now. There were also the machines at the Dr. Ahorros pharmacies to top up mobile accounts, Sube, and other things.

Once you’re topped up you should be able to get a plan by texting the number 152. For example text 2GX7 to 152 to get 2GB for 7 days. You should be able to get some sort of recurring plan in the Personal app.

I've not got a DNI to use Mercado Pago but my foreign credit card working is sufficient for me.

On another note, as part of my AppleCare Plus insurance for my phone, I think I need to contact the police to get a crime reference number to provide for insurance. Does anybody have any experience going to the police for something like this?

I can certainly help with narrowing down the suspect in any case. From the Find My app on iPhone I can tell the exact flight they were on this morning from Buenos Aires to Cordoba, and the address they arrived and have remained at from Cordoba airport following that flight. With a maximum occupancy on that aircraft of 160 coupled with cross referencing the address that my phone is in, it should be pretty straightforward

Google search: comisaria del turista policia de la ciudad
Dirección: Av. Corrientes 436, CABA
Horas: Abierto las 24 horas
Teléfono: 011 4346-5748
Gave this a whirl this afternoon. They ushered me to another police station on Lavalle who told me that I can't report it there and have to phone them. I guess it's a futile exercise, especially given how far away my phone now is

... I can't report it there and have to phone them. I guess it's a futile exercise, especially given how far away my phone now is
Don't you need a police report number for your AppleCare insurance?

Back