Tough Day For Cfk In The Ny Times

EdRooney

Registered
After running the story on Monstanto's decimation of Chaco this morning, this evening NYT followed up with this little number on the Chevron/Vaca Muerta deal:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/22/business/energy-environment/argentinas-oil-ambitions-create-unlikely-alliance-with-chevron.html?_r=0&hp=&adxnnl=1&pagewanted=2&adxnnlx=1382400312-rOx8NPp9mLH1RO7YHDMowg

Obviously, both these issues present a lot of problems for CFK's supporters who tout the govt's Mercosur/Unasur policies: has the K gov't sold out native communities in Ecuador (and Patagonia) for a hunk of Texas gold? How can they pretend to be Nacional y Popular when these corporations run roughshod over citizens rights, etc.

That said, it's not every day we get two write ups in the Paper of Record. As nice as it is to know we're not forgotten down here, doesn't that seem odd?

Talk amongst yourselves...

After running the story on Monstanto's decimation of Chaco this morning, this evening NYT followed up with this little number on the Chevron/Vaca Muerta deal:

http://www.nytimes.c...9mLH1RO7YHDMowg

Obviously, both these issues present a lot of problems for CFK's supporters who tout the govt's Mercosur/Unasur policies: has the K gov't sold out native communities in Ecuador (and Patagonia) for a hunk of Texas gold? How can they pretend to be Nacional y Popular when these corporations run roughshod over citizens rights, etc.

That said, it's not every day we get two write ups in the Paper of Record. As nice as it is to know we're not forgotten down here, doesn't that seem odd?

Talk amongst yourselves...

¿El NYT miente? ¿Es culpa de Magnetto?

Hey I am not pro any government in any country as all are pretty much the same. The citizens mean little to the politicians and most of the focus in on a small percentage of mega wealthy corporate fat-cats that run the world. The average Joe, whether his name is Joe, José, Josué, Guiseppe, or Joseph is ignored while he / she is poisoned via the poluted air, contaminated water, genetically modified foods, and radiation the eminate from everything everywhere. However I don't know if the New York Times should be criticizing or comparing governments anywhere. They are not the authority on this or any other country for that matter. They should be promoting more rights for people in the US such as universal healthcare instead of pointing fingers across the world. Make sure your house is in order before criticizing others. Just my 2c.

Hey I am not pro any government in any country as all are pretty much the same. The citizens mean little to the politicians and most of the focus in on a small percentage of mega wealthy corporate fat-cats that run the world. The average Joe, whether his name is Joe, José, Josué, Guiseppe, or Joseph is ignored while he / she is poisoned via the poluted air, contaminated water, genetically modified foods, and radiation the eminate from everything everywhere. However I don't know if the New York Times should be criticizing or comparing governments anywhere. They are not the authority on this or any other country for that matter. They should be promoting more rights for people in the US such as universal healthcare instead of pointing fingers across the world. Make sure your house is in order before criticizing others. Just my 2c.

You seem a little unclear as to what the purpose of a newspaper is. The NYT is not http://www.elpopular.com.ar, though today's El Popular does not refrain from covering the US interception of 70 million French phone calls in about a month. Both of them, I would argue, have the responsibility of keeping their readership informed of more than just local issues.

Obviously, both these issues present a lot of problems for CFK's supporters who tout the govt's Mercosur/Unasur policies...
Not in the least. Kirchneristas simple make up excuses as needed.

Sold down the river? Excellent, the climate is much better down there.

Wheat shortage in Argentina has seen bread prices skyrocket? White bread makes you fat.

Buenos Aires ton price for wheat is double Chicago's? Only shows how CFK has made Argentina richer than the USA.

And let's not forget that pork works wonders for your sex life.

Back