Tourist visa - Can I leave and come back to reset visa?

newbeginnings

Registered
I have a bit of a weird situation. I am in Argentina with my dog. (Originally from the US) I may have a bit of an emergency situation where I need to return back to the US for a week (alone, without my dog, I would leave him with a caretaker in Argentina) then I would return to Argentina again. I am a US citizen. If I leave before my 90 day timer is up and come back will I be granted another 90 days? Also is there any chance of being denied a second entry? I’m super terrified of leaving my dog in Argentina then not being allowed back in for whatever reason. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

pixer12

Registered
I believe U.S. citizens can re-enter on tourist visas repeatedly like you describe. However, I can't find positive proof of that on either the U.S. Department of State or Argentine migration authorities' websites. If I were you I would feel safe in going to/from the U.S. without impacting your ability to re-enter Argentina.

sts7049

Registered
you won't be denied entry, but not certain if you'll receive a new 90 days or not. my guess is likely not.

pixer12

Registered
Update: I am now confident your 90-day clock resets upon re-entry to the country. I don't actually live in BA, but I was there on a tourist visa in June and July. I entered the country on June 25, and the comprobante transito PDF I have saved in my emails from then has an expiration date of September 23. I left the country (went to Montevideo for a few days) and re-entered on July 3, at which time I received a new comprobante transito with an expiration date of October 1.

sts7049

Registered
you are not guaranteed to get a new 90 days. it depends on the mood of the officer that day.

Frank2000

Registered
I have been on this site, for over 5 years and have not heard about anyone getting less than 90 days regardless of past overstays and/or visa runs. There were couple of reported cases I remember where the individual got a lecture from the official. I have never ever heard of a case a person was denied a second entry. I suggest you relax and enjoy your trip.

pixer12

Registered
I have been on this site, for over 5 years and have not heard about anyone getting less than 90 days regardless of past overstays and/or visa runs. There were couple of reported cases I remember where the individual got a lecture from the official. I have never ever heard of a case a person was denied a second entry. I suggest you relax and enjoy your trip.
@Frank2000 is your username a reference to Weird Al's song "Frank's 2000" TV"?