Tourist Visa Overstay Process

vtw

Registered
I ask this because I know something has changed and wonder if anyone has left the country lately and needed to pay the $300 peso fine?

Can one still pay the fine at the international airport if one overstays one's tourist visa?

Does it matter if we are talking years overdue as opposed to months?

Thank you

you pay it online. not sure about years vs. months difference. the info is here: http://www.discoverbuenosaires.com/argentina-tourist-visa-overstay-fee
i heard the website wasn't working at first!! but they probably sorted it out by now.

From what I've heard, the overstay fee is the same whether you overstay by 1 day or 2 years. I think that's why some people recommend just overstaying instead of doing visa runs, assuming you're not going to travel outside of the country.

My friend paid 400 pesos for overstaying recently, also when you pay the 400 you get another 90 days.

How do you pay it in advance without some kind of formal charge? Don't you need something to take with you to Banco Nacional in order to pay?

Heres what happened with my friend, we took him to the airport because he was flying back home and they have and immigration booth there, we walked up and gave them his passport, they looked it up and told us to go and pay 400 pesos at a different part of the airport, he had over stayed like 9 months, you can just pay at the airport when you go back or go to the immigration office and pay.

There's another thread with the link but now unless you're flying out of ezeiza I believe, you need to pay online and I assume bring the receipt/paperwork with you when you cross the border

Big Al, was that recent? Because I heard that you have to pay in advance since a few months ago. Also it appears the fine has risen from 300 pesos to 400 :(

Big Al, was that recent? Because I heard that you have to pay in advance since a few months ago. Also it appears the fine has risen from 300 pesos to 400 :(
this was about 3 months ago and yes we paid 400

Hola! Just wanted to say that I flew out of Ezeiza on Nov 7 after overstaying by a year (which was my second overstay) and paid AR$300, it was really quick and simple.

Back