train to Tigre

amat

Registered
Hi all,

I wanted to see if someone can confirm that we can go to the station in Belgrano to take the train to Tigre. or do we have to take it from Retiro?
does anyone know of a site online where i can see times/schedules?

thanks!

yes, you can take the train from the belgrano station. it comes frequently.

Don't get confused with Belgrano R. The one you need for Tigre is Belgrano C, at Barrancas

Do you want to take the commuter train or the tourist train (tren de la costa)? Belgrano C is the commuter train. To get the tourist train to Tigre from Belgrano, take the Belgrano R train to Mitre (the terminus) and walk over the street to buy your ticket. If you leave early or have a bit more time, the tourist train is a much nicer travel experience the the commuter train.

in my opinion the tourist train is NOT worth it at all. take the commuter train, the real thing.

wait..the tourist train is mega ezpensive.about SIX times more than the other...

HowardinBA said:
wait..the tourist train is mega ezpensive.about SIX times more than the other...

Wouldn't that make it about six pesos (about $1.50 US)?

If it means getting a seat (highly unlikely on the trip to Tigre on the "peasant" train) it might be worth it.;)

steveinbsas said:
Wouldn't that make it about six pesos (about $1.50 US)?

If it means getting a seat (highly unlikely on the trip to Tigre on the "peasant" train) it might be worth it.;)
yep,I agree Steve but you know these ex-pats;)

mariposa said:
in my opinion the tourist train is NOT worth it at all. take the commuter train, the real thing.

You get a view of the river on the tourist train. Also Barracas station has a great flea market on weekends.

Back