Transit Strike - April 10Th - Apply To Long Distance Buses?

Joe

Registered
http://www.buenosairesherald.com/article/155952/-total-shutdown-of-bus-train-services-on-april-10

I was planning to take a bus to Rosario. Would the strike also effect long distance bus service?

I would count on it . This looks like a strike with a lot of adhesion.Paro total will mean just that.

Best plan would be to stay at home, throw a few chorizos on the fire, open the wine and get your mates round.

The thing is, I'm scheduled to check out of my apartment in BA and check in to my apartment in Rosario on April 10th, ugh!

The news article says it also includes trains.

Is one way car rental a possibility?

Train is an option to Rosario from Retiro, but may also adhere to the strike?

http://www.sateliteferroviario.com.ar/horarios/santafe.htm

The thing is, I'm scheduled to check out of my apartment in BA and check in to my apartment in Rosario on April 10th, ugh!

The news article says it also includes trains.

Is one way car rental a possibility?

Jose, compadre, me parece que estas jodido...

I am in a very similar situation. My understanding was it did not effect private companies like Flecha Bus etc. It seems to be about public transport buses and trains etc. I'm not sure though, hopefully someone else finds out.

If there is a general strike, it applies to everyone. The unions that initiate these strikes are the camioneros (Moyano) and gastronómicos & hoteleros (Barrionuevo) want to paralyze the country. People who cross the picket lines are subject to threats with guns and roving gangs of mobsters. They usually don't go after people in the street, however if you try to drive a truck or move a train they will come after you and you will get it. So follow the news, if the strike on the 10th is officialized by these guys don't count on being able to do anything that day, unless you have a private car (but roads & tolls may be blocked) or can walk somewhere.

Yeah, sounds sucky. I think that everyone knows there is a huge strike, so you just need to explain this situation to where you are moving out from. They will probably already have imagined that you wouldn't be leaving that day due to the strike. You'll have to explain the situation. Hopefully they will be understanding.

Back