Translation help

JoeBlow

Registered
Does anybody know what to call chinchulines in English?

Apparently, the correct translation is NOT chitterlings, because these are the small intestine of swine, and chinchulines are from cattle or lamb.

Any ideas?

offal?
offal = achuras ( vísceras de la vaca): chinchulines, mollejas, riñones, tripas.

Thanks Etoile for your answer. I think though offal is the more generalized term (as you noted in your answer).

Well, yes it is actually the small intestine sensu stricto, and not anything else. I've never heard of chitterlings before haha.

So will it be platted chitterlings on the menu or wot ? Is it a wedding ..... gasp ?

Actually semi-digested grass in small intestines which have been well grilled to crispy perfection are actually very nice.

I grew up in Alabama and we ate pig intestines. We called these chittlin's (pr. chit-lens). Don't ever remember eating cow intestines. We usually fed those to the pigs. :)

GS_Dirtboy said:
I grew up in Alabama and we ate pig intestines. We called these chittlin's (pr. chit-lens). Don't ever remember eating cow intestines. We usually fed those to the pigs. :)

Thanks GS, and I also liked your movie-going idea!

Back