Transport Question - Arriving Aep... & Needing Mitre Line

rpkerston

Registered
Hello, again! I've booked my flight and will be landing at AEP. I need the Mitre line to Tigre. It seems that Retiro Station is just a bit farther from AEP than Belgrano C station on the Mitre line is; however, I also note that - for example, travelling via taxi - calle La Pampa, coming across from the Costanera airport access road, by the river, doesn't seem to cross what looks to be a divided highway: av Lugones (though La Pampa does appear to continue on either side, separately). So, my question is: While slightly farther to travel, is it better to just head straight to Estacion Retiro Mitre, after all... or am I missing something about getting to what seems a closer (and easier / smaller / less distance left to go) station to negotiate, at Belgrano C? (It looks like the first chance to get across av Lugones is la Puente Labruna... way farther up north(west) than needed to reach Belgrano C...).

IF HEADED TO RETIRO: I also note that city bus lines # 33 and # 45 appear to continue to serve between AEP and Retiro... and likely that's cheaper than taxi - and not far to go. However: If I go there, instead, is that a decent option or is that - for example - so crowded, or slow, etc, that it's actually worth the taxi ride instead?

THANKS,
Paul

Take the taxi. And go to Belgrano. First, why backtrack, down to Retiro, then back up again.
Traffic is what traffic is- unpredictable, and sometimes slow. That said, taxis are cheap here, and it well worth taking one to Belgrano, and missing the mess of driving down to Retiro, then waiting for a slow crowded train.
Later, when you are comfortable and not carrying baggage, sure, take the collectivo. But not your first day with bags.

Take the taxi. And go to Belgrano. First, why backtrack, down to Retiro, then back up again.
Traffic is what traffic is- unpredictable, and sometimes slow. That said, taxis are cheap here, and it well worth taking one to Belgrano, and missing the mess of driving down to Retiro, then waiting for a slow crowded train.
Later, when you are comfortable and not carrying baggage, sure, take the collectivo. But not your first day with bags.

This. Only go to the nunez station. The taxi is going to be getting off the highway near the river stadium (unless he goes backward and via sarmiento which is also counterproductive ) so you'll be closer to the nunez station than the belgrano station, not to mention the nunez station is a lot quieter and calmer, a better place to be with your luggage for sure.

If you dont go to Retiro you ll probably have to travel without a seat, in a very crowded train, with the suitcase, etc.
I would go to Retiro, with the 33, not a long trip, and you defenitely will travel better.

He's right about the crowded train. Don't take a bus if you have luggage. Take a taxi.

Don't know where you are going, but why not just getting a remis to the location you need to go...? A lot less hassle with all your suitcases and not too expensive most likely... In the train you might end up with less luggage than you stepped on the train with...

My sincerest apologies for taking a bit of time to respond, finally, here: Many thanks for all the tips and responses. I mean that, sincerely! You guys are great!

I note that there's some minor divide over exactly where to head, but for safety's sake and being that it's a first-time arrival (not for me - I've been there before - but on this occasion, certainly... and after an exhausting trip) taking a taxi to Retiro does seem wisest, after all. I am not arriving with 'bags' per se (plural) actually: I intend to have only an expedition-sized backpack... That said, it's still a tourist bag - clearly - so I get that. Thanks for the reminder...

I admit I'm a bit puzzled over the 'Nunez' suggestion as I don't believe it's on the Retiro-Mitre line headed to Tigre, but perhaps I missed something, there. I did consider Estacion Belgrano C on that line simply as it's somewhat closer to reach from AEP than Retiro, by taxi, and closer to the final destination (by only 2 stops) but the mention of being able to possibly score a seat on that commuter train is a valid consideration I hadn't thought about. My one unanswerable concern when I wrote the question, from this distant point-of-view, is that although the crow flies to Belgrano C faster than to Retiro (if he doesn't get waylaid!) the roads don't seem to connect there very directly... as one responder nicely pointed out.

So, all-in-all, much appreciated all of your input, here, again!

Paul

Back