Travel Advice -What To See And Do In Ba

Irish Visitor

Registered
Hello all,
I am 55 year old male and will be travelling solo to BA from 5th to 24th March 2015.
I have limited Spanish but intend working hard at it over the next 2 months. I would appreciate any help or advice on what to see and do during my visit. I am fit and active but long past all night nightclubs etc.
I would also welcome any recommendations on where to stay.
I am not very fussy as long as it is clean and safe and not next door to a club playing loud music all night.
I also need advice regarding the best rates that can be obtained for currency exchange from EURO.

As far as possible I would like to experience BA as a local would, rather than just being a tourist.
All suggestions are welcome and I look forward to all your comments as I prepare for my trip.

Dan

tell us more about your interests- art? architecture? sports? food? music? museums? exercise? history? opera?
its a huge city, with many different things going on. a dancer is going to want to see different things than a railfan.

rent an apartment, its the cheapest, and most convenient, lots of websites to look at.

bring cash, euros or dollars- there are money changing options here.

I visit Ba once a year, 4 wks at a pop, and also like to experience the city as a local would. that said I would rec almagro or palermo for a short term stay. the place i stayed this trip Nov-dec) was a fully furnished 2bdrm apt for $39 nite, on estado israel at cordoba. I could have stayed asa boarder (guest ) at a home for $22nite, but needed my on place for entertaining friends.

Back