Travel From/to Argentina...gov Fee?

studiodio

Registered
I found a good deal (flight/hotel/car) on Orbitz flying from Cordoba to Montevideo Uruguay...If i book on line with Orbitz using my USA credit card, will I still have to pay a 35% tax to ARG gov ? I have lived here for years with a permanent resident DNI. A film i just saw about the chef Frances Mallmann and his restaurant in the sierras de Garzon, Uruguay inspired me to check out a trip there.

If you are buying with a USA credit card in dollars, the transaction does not incur a 35% tax. The 'tourism' tax is only for purchases in pesos for overseas services or with local credit cards. Actually, for this transaction your residency status is not relevant. Have a good trip!

I found a good deal (flight/hotel/car) on Orbitz flying from Cordoba to Montevideo Uruguay...If i book on line with Orbitz using my USA credit card, will I still have to pay a 35% tax to ARG gov ? I have lived here for years with a permanent resident DNI. A film i just saw about the chef Frances Mallmann and his restaurant in the sierras de Garzon, Uruguay inspired me to check out a trip there.

You will be paying at the official exchange rate, though, so you're paying the soak-the-extranjero tax.

Back