Travel to Europe?

jeff1234

Registered
We're wrapping up a trip to the U.S. to get vaccinated, see family, etc. We've decided not to return to Argentina until Sept. so now we're trying to decide whether to spend a quiet few months with family in the midwest or to travel, maybe to Portugal. Suggestions?

We're wrapping up a trip to the U.S. to get vaccinated, see family, etc. We've decided not to return to Argentina until Sept. so now we're trying to decide whether to spend a quiet few months with family in the midwest or to travel, maybe to Portugal. Suggestions?
Portugal is awesome - I spent time in Lisbon and had a great time. Not expensive - lots to do - friendly people (except all the drug dealers that annoy you in the city centre).

Since you have plenty of time and Spain and France will be open to vaccinated tourists in June, why not combine Spain, France and Portugal? For example you could rent a car in Porto and drive north around Galicia, Asturias and San Sebastián before ending in Biarritz or continuing through the Pyrenees and ending on the med. Some beautiful scenery and delicious food along the way.

Good suggestions, thanks. Spain and Portugal are our favorite places. I'm concerned about crowds, July heat, places being closed due to covid, etc

I think Portugal will be more crowded since UK citizens can travel there quarantine free (if they go to Spain or France they need to quarantine when they get back to the UK...)

Obviously COVID wise it’s going to be a risk traveling anywhere ...

If you’re concerned about crowds there will be half of the rest of Europe in Spain and Portugal during the summer months.
Algarve and costa del sol are prime European tourist spots.
So would suggest you either go somewhere off the beaten track in said countries or look look elsewhere.
Perhaps somewhere near the Douro valley in Portugal or somewhere up North in Spain - Basque Country, Asturias?

Portugal is awesome - I spent time in Lisbon and had a great time. Not expensive - lots to do - friendly people (except all the drug dealers that annoy you in the city centre).

These are not real drugs. lol
It's a scam.

Why not both? Split your time.

I thought the Peruvian guy selling white powder in the morning in Amsterdam would have something high quality.
Was pure - Persil. Forewarned is forearmed...

Back