Traveler Headed To Buenos Aires

hurricanejoe

Registered
I hope this forum is for travelers as well as long and short term residents.

My name is Joe and I'm currently traveling through South America. I'm planning on being in Buenos Aires either this coming Saturday (21st) or a day or two after Christmas. I'm on an open-ended travel schedule and believe I'll probably be in BA for a couple weeks at least.

Would anyone be up for grabbing a coffee / beer while I'm there, and maybe helping me get my bearings?

Also, I'm assuming the holidays have plenty to offer, but do you have any recommendations as to whether it's better to be in BA over Christmas or New Years?

Thank you so much for any direction you might toss my way.

Joe

Hi joe! Hope you enjoy your travels! I'm not in ba right now otherwise would love to have met up! Im awful at giving recommendations for things to do anyways! Go out all night long, eat asado and drink wine and mate! Sorrrrrry maté the tea, of course mate if you want to too! :p

Hi Joe, I'll be in town from 24 December to 30 December. I'm traveling solo and would love to meet up for coffee/drink. Just let me know! I'm staying in Palermo.

Hi Joe,

we were just discussing your question.My local partner feels that it does not make a difference that both dates have things going on but my feeling is that more things are available around New Years.Both are family events during the early evening and then the youngsters go out to clubs. Now to clarify family time is 9pm to 2am and clubs get going then. Jet Lounge does an annual Xmas thing and Pacha might be doing it as well. More than that I have no idea as I am not a clubbing sort of girl

Hi joe! Hope you enjoy your travels! I'm not in ba right now otherwise would love to have met up! Im awful at giving recommendations for things to do anyways! Go out all night long, eat asado and drink wine and mate! Sorrrrrry maté the tea, of course mate if you want to too! :p

You spellied it right the first time. No accent. I'll assume you know that, and are only perpetuating mate illiteracy for comic purposes. So, no citation this time.

The Mate Police

Awesome advice, Aleina Dee. Thanks a bunch. As it stands right now, I'm staying in Cuzco for Christmas. My flight to Buenos Aires is on the 26th. I'll be arriving that evening.

Hawaiigirl - I'd love to meet up for a coffee drink. I'll message you when I get into town. Is there an easy way to contact you (phone number, email)?

Joe

Sounds to my limited mind hurricane joe blows into various towns using the net as his excuse to get a date.... Does that sound same to others here too. Well Joe .. loved your Easter Island picture of yourself.. too bad you could not have posted the real YOU... Did I say Merry Christmas... well ............

Sounds to my limited mind hurricane joe blows into various towns using the net as his excuse to get a date.... Does that sound same to others here too. Well Joe .. loved your Easter Island picture of yourself.. too bad you could not have posted the real YOU... Did I say Merry Christmas... well ............

Well...it worked! Good job hurricanejoe!

Personally, I feel your remarks about the beer in Argentina to not be in line with being a good citizen here at all. You may not like the beer is fine. You are trying to start a new business. Why would you say negative things about your competition? It certainly is not good business practice at all. Wake up - Smell the Roses. Perhaps you can prosper. With your attitude it might never happen. Merry Christmas!
Sounds to my limited mind hurricane joe blows into various towns using the net as his excuse to get a date.... Does that sound same to others here too. Well Joe .. loved your Easter Island picture of yourself.. too bad you could not have posted the real YOU...

You're not going to steal Christmas are you?

Back