Traveling to the US with my dog

Andrew D

Registered
We're leaving Buenos Aires on Tuesday and heading back to the states. We're traveling with our dog (with us in the cabin). We need to get a vet to certify that the dog is healthy and free of screwworm. Can anyone with experience with this recommend a vet? We're in Palermo, but can bring the dog elsewhere. Anything else to watch out for? Thanks!

My vet is bilingual and in Nuñez if you’re interested. I went through all this with her this past January and bringing my dogs back to the states. She is awesome!

Cecilia Martin
+54 9 11 5482-8000 WhatsApp

My vet is bilingual and in Nuñez if you’re interested. I went through all this with her this past January and bringing my dogs back to the states. She is awesome!

Cecilia Martin
+54 9 11 5482-8000 WhatsApp
Thanks! We ended up going with a different vet, but now we have to go to a SENASA office tomorrow. Unfortunately they're all booked up in terms of online appointments, do you have any tips as to whether one office is better to go to than another for a walk-in?

I was crunched for time because of the airline temperature requirements on flying in and out of the United States - I booked a flight 2 days before because the temp was supposed to be good and my vet knew a courier to use for Senasa. No waiting - turn around within a couple hours! I think it cost me An extra $15USD but in pesos. Find out if your vet has a courier. The one we used was the one she usually used for lab tests.

just to be specific, I did not go, the courier took all the paperwork, had it signed off on and brought it back to my vet.

I was crunched for time because of the airline temperature requirements on flying in and out of the United States - I booked a flight 2 days before because the temp was supposed to be good and my vet knew a courier to use for Senasa. No waiting - turn around within a couple hours! I think it cost me An extra $15USD but in pesos. Find out if your vet has a courier. The one we used was the one she usually used for lab tests.
Now I thoroughly wish I had used your vet, mine doesn't have one. I'll see if I can find a service, otherwise I'll go hang out at the office on Monday. Thanks for your help!

Now I thoroughly wish I had used your vet, mine doesn't have one. I'll see if I can find a service, otherwise I'll go hang out at the office on Monday. Thanks for your help!
Can help you have the entire process within 4 Hours . My whatsapp +54 9 11 3438-0712

Back