Traveling Too Often To States And Red Flags.

nlaruccia

Registered
I have an Argentine friend who got her tourist visa to the States last year and she traveled there with her American boyfriend this year and will visit him January 2014. She was invited to visit another friend the same month and she's afraid that her boyfriend, who's her contact person in the States, will find out. She's terrified to travel because she thinks two trips to the States in one month will raise a red flag in immigrations and they'll call her boyfriend. I keep trying to reassure her that many people travel frequently to the States for business or pleasure and too not worry. Does anyone have any idea by any chance if she should be worried, or who she can consult with on the matter?

Unless she was travelling to Colombia or some Middle East country I doubt that TSA or CBP will bother checking. They might ask her a few extra questions but I wouldn't worry too much about it.

She needs to worry if she overstayed.

Other than that, no.

If she is asked questions, answer them calmly and with respect. If she looks like she's in a hurry, or irritated, then she'll spend 4 hours being questioned instead of 15 minutes or half an hour.

As for this:

She was invited to visit another friend the same month and she's afraid that her boyfriend, who's her contact person in the States, will find out. She's terrified to travel because she thinks two trips to the States in one month will raise a red flag in immigrations and they'll call her boyfriend.

I don't know why she doesn't want her boyfriend to find out. That's weird but they will only contact the boyfriend to make sure she is not lying about him. So she needs to be honest and come across as honest too.

Actually, the more often you do the back and forth, the less of a risk you are considered to be. They are much more concerned about someone who goes once and does not return. If you do the trip often and never over stay, that tends to flag you as less of a risk.

She needs to worry if she overstayed.

Other than that, no.

If she is asked questions, answer them calmly and with respect. If she looks like she's in a hurry, or irritated, then she'll spend 4 hours being questioned instead of 15 minutes or half an hour.

As for this:

I don't know why she doesn't want her boyfriend to find out. That's weird but they will only contact the boyfriend to make sure she is not lying about him. So she needs to be honest and come across as honest too.

No, she doesn't want her boyfriend to find out. I'm not judging her nor asking anyone to judge her or her relationship. I'm only concerned about the immigration legalities of traveling so often to the States.

No, she doesn't want her boyfriend to find out. I'm not judging her nor asking anyone to judge her or her relationship. I'm only concerned about the immigration legalities of traveling so often to the States.

That's fine. Her life. I just find it strange that's all. But that is why I said, if she doesn't want them suspecting anything and calling her boyfriend then she needs to come across as honest and not panic or appear as though she is lying about something.

Why can't she do both visits in the same trip?? Seems like a waste of money to me!

You guys don't get it! it seems the other "friend" she wants to visit is male! That is why she is making two seperate trips and doesn't want her boyfriend to know!

You guys don't get it! it seems the other "friend" she wants to visit is male! That is why she is making two seperate trips and doesn't want her boyfriend to know!
In that case I hope they both boyfriends because this woman has an agenda.

You got it. I was trying to be subtle. Listen, I don't want to start a moral/ethic conversation on her personal decisions. I'm more concerned with the immigration legalities of visiting the States too frequently. Why or who she visits isn't important.

Back