Travelling While Waiting For Argentine Work Visa

Commodorius

Registered
Hi all,

Myself (an American) and a fellow colleague (an Australian) are both in the process of getting work visas here in Argentina. We have done all the prerequisites and Imigraciones has our stuff (background checks, all that other junk), and it´s processing or whatever. The question is, does anyone know if it is okay to leave the country during all this, i.e. before the process has officially finished and we have the visas in our passports? My coworker is looking to travel to Chile to Ski, and I want to go back to the states to visit family soon.

Anyone have an idea? Cheers.

Sorry, I know this is an old question, but just responding now anyway for research purposes. Did they give you a piece of paper called a "residencia precaria"? That is valid for three months and is the document you are supposed to use to leave and re-enter the country while they process your DNI. (If I'm not mistaken they should have also stamped your passport, no?) The only processing time is for the DNI.

You can't leave the country between getting the antecedentes penales criminal record check and the actual visa, because it will void your criminal record check. I made that mistake, and went to Uruguay for one day, and luckily my gestor was able to talk the migraciones people into overlooking it, but it was close

Back