Treatments To Sanitize And Remove Smell

Girino

Registered
Our cat poo-ed on the iPad cover. It stinks! The cover top is made out of carbon fiber, but it is covered with a layer of tissue, that has impregnated with poo.

I have tried bleach, alcohol, white vinegar.... but the smell is still there.

Do you think there is something like dry-cleaning for items?!
The manufacturer no longer produce this item since we have an iPad4. Not sure if other covers for more recent models would fit anyway. We are looking for something identical in case our cover is ruined beyond repair.

41bRrA76fWL._SY300_.jpg

God. Some cat people have such low hygiene standards, sorry Serafina. I´m an ex cat lover after developing allergies but even before I couldn´t have had a pooping cat in my home who didn´t respect a litter tray. :eek:

The furry thing was too scared to move, hence she pooped on the spot...and stayed there for hours. :(

I had to cut off poop from her and give her a bath.

this stuff- Natures Miracle pet stain and odor remover, actually works.
The problem, of course, is you cant get it in Argentina...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003LR6L6Q?ref_=ams_ad_dp_asin_1

this stuff- Natures Miracle pet stain and odor remover, actually works.
The problem, of course, is you cant get it in Argentina...
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003LR6L6Q?ref_=ams_ad_dp_asin_1

Ries is right - this stuff is the best thing for pets in the house. We have well-behaved dogs, but vomiting or diarrhea can happen with any animal (us, for instance - but hopefully not on a rug) so we keep a couple of spray bottles around the house. It's enzyme-based and actually "eats" the offending stuff.

If someone can bring you a bottle?

I am trying to see if someone would find a space in his luggage for the anti-serafina spray. B)

Haha maybe the cat was trying to tell you to cut back on your ipad use...

Seriously though, have you tried the Oxy spray they have here? There is the pink one, Vanish, but in the same section of the grocery store there is Oxy I think from Mr Musculo. It comes in spray and in powder. You might want to get both. If you are not so concerned about losing the colour on the cover and just want the smell out, I would spray it with the Oxy and then leave for an hour or so. Then get bicarbonato de sodio, sprinkle all over. Spray with vinegar. Then sprinkle more bicarbonato. Leave it to dry, then vaccuum up the bicarbonato. With pee I know the bicarbonato - vinegar - bicarbonato - vacuum works. I hope it does for cat poo!

Also it sounds as if like me you are probably cursed with a good sense of smell. Of all of the senses, this is not the one that you want to be strong. When my child was in diapers he could be upstairs and from the living room I would be able to smell if he had poo. A good nose is more of a curse than a blessing when we live in Buenos Aires...

It's my husband's iPad, hence the situation is a lot worse! :eek:

I am trying with Oxy right now. I had one from Carrefour...let's see if it helps. I am not concerned about aesthetic, but the smell is there and we can both smell it.
The iPad itself was easy to clean with alcohol, but it was barely affected.

I'll try the syngirl method overnight and see if it helps.

The iPad doesn't really need the cover. We don't use one anymore, it looks naked at 1st, then normal.
Nancy

Back