"Trying to cover the sun with one finger"

Lucas

Registered
"Trying to cover the sun with one finger"

There's a Cuban saying: "Trying to cover the sun with one finger." It's what you do when you close one eye and cover the sun with your thumb and try to pretend it's not there. You end up looking like a fool because obviously, the sun is huge and it's still shining, and everyone else can see it. I leave it at that.

It become obvious that the frustration of the uniformed and intolerant right wing (some of them extreme) sympathizers of this forum are going on their heads, they are totally incensed to confront the reality of the images projected in the TV who shows the vast majority of the Argentine people their love and affect for her deceased husband and the support offered to her to continue in the same route traced seven years ago by her beloved husband.

Some reduced people and multimedia in this country do not have now nothing to blame them for, the economy is going on strong, the country is inserted in the world, the leaders of neighboring countries are united and what its more important they live in peace and harmony.

These people and multimedia groups are used to be over the law on this country they are used to decide which way the country should go and by who, they want a "CEO" to manage their business NOT a president to conduct the destiny of an independent and sovereign Argentine Republic administrated for all their inhabitants and NOT only for a reduced few rich and powerful people as always as been.

This now has changed in favor of a homogeneous and independent nation values with defined independent institutions which are not submissive to respond to their personal interest, all this unleashed a torrent of fury and frustration who shows now in some headings posted lately on this forum.

These few people are now trying to trow mud to anything positive news coming from radio, press and newspapers which are unfortunately controlled by the media group which in the other hand dominate almost all the principal and predominant newspapers, radios and TV stations in this country and leaded by this monstrous monopolized group, the most important and openly unashamed (CLARIN GROUP).

To the dependent uniformed foreign people who reads these newspapers of course they are grossly misinformed and duped to believe whatever lies are printed in them, as well when listening countless number the radios and TV stations owned by this same (CLARIN GROUP) who are continuing brainwashing anything who try to confront them, this effective method has been used to brainwash the public opinion and the people of this country as well, a typical Nazi method to subjugate their citizens, therefore its understandable their ignorance over these topics, they only read and repeat whatever those monopolized media outlets wants to impregnate in their mind without any independent and neutral point of view whatsoever.

To a foreign not residing in this country permanently or not knowing what happened in the last 50 years I don't blame they ignorance on their uninformed point of view when they write or applaud some posts, as said before they just repeat what they read or listen on the corrupted media, the more disturbing segment of this reduced but very vocal number of people are the natives of this country writing messages of hate and intolerance just because the tide of public opinion are turning against their own personal interest more than their political views, the masks covering their ugly faces are slowly but relentless start to show to the rest they true and real identity of hate and total intolerance to the rest of the inhabitants of this country.

I can name and list some so called journalist (read, mercenaries) who work upon hefty salaries to disperse misinformation and lies to confound the public opinion and with that help those powerful and rich minority to keep their status above the law of this country and with that avoiding punishment for their corrupted practices of helping foreign interest and theirs but the real interest of this country.

I guess your point of view is that the press should be silenced as they are all corrupt. What's your solution? Some type of police state where the people only hear the truth as the government sees it? Isn't a democracy suppose to include a free press, seems like it works fairly well where its allowed. Its all relative and the press is not always right or objective, but it certainly beats the alternative. I guess I'm one of those right wing extremists who believes in press freedoms.

gouchobob said:
I guess your point of view is that the press should be silenced as they are all corrupt. What's your solution? Some type of police state where the people only hear the truth as the government sees it? Isn't a democracy suppose to include a free press, seems like it works fairly well where its allowed. Its all relative and the press is not always right or objective, but it certainly beats the alternative. I guess I'm one of those right wing extremists who believes in press freedoms.

There is FULL FREEDOM OF THE PRES HERE, what the hell you're talking about, so much freedom there is that all the LIES are publicized without any restrictions at all, what we want and I want is some sort of print media or audiovisual media to REFUTE and CONDEMN those blatant LIES who distort and deny the truth and accuracy of the facts, that's all I and the population wants, a balanced view and not a distorted and only point of view.

Do you are enough intelligent to understand that?..its not that hard!

Thanks that now at least we have just (ONE) public TV channel to somehow put a brake to all these foolish liars publications and commentaries from the ones who dominate the private multimedia corporations.

For you maybe some of what is publicized here will apply, this is the only newspaper left to have a balanced view of the state of our unfortunate and biased information bombarded continuously over our heads.

Hatred and resentment
<click>

-Reasonable opening statement

-Dive into an attack on people who do not agree. Tell them that they are all ignorant.

-Support this all with lots of impassioned statements without once citing any source or information.

-Insert at least one conspiracy theory just to keep y´all awake.

-Blame the media, contradicting earlier statement.

-Increase hyperbole usage.

-Wooah! Let us slip a Nazi comparison here. This would not be what it is without that.

-Assume foreigners can not read the history of Argentina or that foreign news networks can not have a valid opinion on what is really happening here.

-Bring this meandering, empty tirade to its actual purpose; berate those who do not agree on the only correct opinion there is to have.

-Slip in some more, "I know this one guy..." or "I heard..." or "I met someone who..." conjugated with some storyline form TV last night.

-Peter-out without any conclusion. Valid, summarising, conclusions are for Pussies (and Nazis).

[Pretty much every other post I read on here takes this format]

Lest see the ones who will reply here to excuse and support and preach hatred sentiments towards this country and they institutions, shall we?

So far two (2) of the same who alway reply to these threads.

I'm glad you have a newspaper reflects your views, that's the way it should be in a democracy. I think the today there is a fairly free press in Argentina. Of course the government has had the intention doing something about this for some time. This forum is a good example of democracy in action where people are allowed to voice differing points of view and discuss the issues of the day. People with the freedom to exchange information and ideas can make up their own minds, as you have. If you believe the government is unfairly treated by the press you have every right to say so. However, you would strengthen your arguments if you could cite specific instances where a given newspaper or tv station has distorted the truth. Simply saying they are all corrupt doesn't quite cut it. If your views are valid they should be able to withstand scrutiny and discussion by others.

Lucas said:
Lest see the ones who will reply here to excuse and support and preach hatred sentiments towards this country and they institutions, shall we?

So far two (2) of the same who alway reply to these threads.

Lucas, are you 10 years old?

Lucas
It seems that you are the one who has been taken in.
I would much rather a free press than a lying government.....hang on, we've got both.

Back