Turnos Salud

artisans

Registered
Pleased to report that today I received my first e-mail reminder from "Turnos Salud" - the free medical channel - whatever you want to call it. All roads lead to telephone number 147 and MiBA website and then all lines to get a turn are beyond imagination, but the wheels turn eventually!

I have my Medicare and a Medicare Supp plan (United Health) for when I am in the US (though I have some foreign emergency coverage through United with a 5K annual self retention and and a lifetime capp of about 1MM).
I have a local doc for ordinary MD visits. He was 1st in his class in Med school and he's now a friend (something unheard of in the US). I use Emergencias for an occasional MD visit for mundane stuff, but mostly for getting the drug prescriptions (I also use Valsartan which can run $100/mo without discounts).
I never had to schedule a non-emergency MD visit for more than a few days in advance with Emergencias. I did use Emergencias once for an emergency ambulance and a brief hospital admission (a couple of hours). I forget if I had to pay any self-retention cost, but if so, it was minimal. For 1600 pesos/mo ($25), the prescription drug discount alone justifies the cost.

I moved from Valsartan to Losartan same principle runs ·350 pesos/mo

I moved from Valsartan to Losartan same principle runs ·350 pesos/mo
Obviously the drug prescriptions are worth it to you, if only for that. If it sounds too good to be true it usually is, especially where health care is involved in Argentina. So what are they like to on responsiveness to calls, getting appointments, waiting times and what hospitals or clinics do they send you to?

Obviously the drug prescriptions are worth it to you, if only for that. If it sounds too good to be true it usually is, especially where health care is involved in Argentina. So what are they like to on responsiveness to calls, getting appointments, waiting times and what hospitals or clinics do they send you to?

Enclosed for you are the prices list in Argentina for Valsartan 160 mg, is more expensive than Losartan .
Your questions depend on what Private or Public Health Cover Plan you select.

Your questions depend on what Private or Public Health Cover Plan you select.
We got the medication point three times over. Pick one Plan and give some examples, any examples. Unless you don' know, then say that.

My investigations and enrollments for health care started trying to find COPS, when that appeared to be a dead end I registered at a Clinic associated with H. Fernandez - the name of the service I registered under is Centro de Salud - which appears to be the governments master plan for health care service (but they never disowned publicly COPS and it still hangs on). Recently, getting a look at their computer screen of my health service account, it said I am also registered with COPS. Separately, recently I received a solicitation to Emergency Salud which I'm still trying to figure out - what they really provide for their very low monthly enrollment. Meanwhile I am being hounded with one of their phone solicitors to sign up and provide a credit card over the phone. And I don't use the word 'hounded' lightly.
The e-mail notice I wrote about "Turnos Salud" came I believe as a result of 1 - registering with Centro de Salud 2 - getting 'empadronado' at a public window at H. Fernandez 3 - standing in line and getting a 'turno' for an appointment with an Ophthalmologist. Also, after registering with MiBA website I was able to see this appointment in my "Turnos" box. So I was aware. Them sending an e-mail on top as a reminder was a surprise and a bonus.

COPS and their sign up window does still exist in at least one location - jantango sent me photos of their office box at H. Mejia. Eventually I will go there to find out who/what I am to them.

My investigations and enrollments for health care started trying to find COPS, when that appeared to be a dead end I registered at a Clinic associated with H. Fernandez - the name of the service I registered under is Centro de Salud - which appears to be the governments master plan for health care service (but they never disowned publicly COPS and it still hangs on). Recently, getting a look at their computer screen of my health service account, it said I am also registered with COPS. Separately, recently I received a solicitation to Emergency Salud which I'm still trying to figure out - what they really provide for their very low monthly enrollment. Meanwhile I am being hounded with one of their phone solicitors to sign up and provide a credit card over the phone. And I don't use the word 'hounded' lightly.
The e-mail notice I wrote about "Turnos Salud" came I believe as a result of 1 - registering with Centro de Salud 2 - getting 'empadronado' at a public window at H. Fernandez 3 - standing in line and getting a 'turno' for an appointment with an Ophthalmologist. Also, after registering with MiBA website I was able to see this appointment in my "Turnos" box. So I was aware. Them sending an e-mail on top as a reminder was a surprise and a bonus.

COPS and their sign up window does still exist in at least one location - jantango sent me photos of their office box at H. Mejia. Eventually I will go there to find out who/what I am to them.
I think I see glimpses of Kafka in your report.:)

Back